Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Torrid for regular sizes?

I've shopped almost exclusively at Torrid for years. I love their style, and know what looks good on me. I feel like Torrid allowed me to be myself, at any size.

I've gotten to the point where I'm in regular sizes now, and can no longer fit into Torrid clothes. Is there a store with similar styling for regular sizes? I've been to Forever 21, and some other skinny size stores, and can't seem to find a replacement for Torrid?!

I know it's owned by Hot Topic, but I'm not looking for that...just the fun, youthful cool clothes they have at Torrid, but in regular sizes.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I shop a lot with Charlotte Russe and Old Navy. Those are my go to's. Occassionally I shop online on Fashion Nova but I really love Charlotte Russe in store and online as well as Old Navy. I also shop at place called Q and Windsor but I'm not sure if they have those stores near you...

I'm assuming when you say "normal size" you mean below a 10 since Torrid carries all the way down to a 10 online ( I think it's only online since I have never seen a 10 in store).

For something similar in smaller sizes you can look at H&M, Express, NY&Co, or even Target. White House Black Market is another one.

@Mama V

Macy's Juniors Dept is going to have a lot of the graphic tees, dresses and other styles similar to Torrid. They have more the characters and other stuff like Torrid. Also JC Penney Juniors.

Thanks Ladies! I guess I'm just sort of mourning the loss of one thing that has been a big part of my life for so many years.

I'll venture out and check out your suggestions!

Zulily has some cute things if you like shopping online.

I've shopped almost exclusively at Torrid for years. I love their style, and know what looks good on me. I feel like Torrid allowed me to be myself, at any size.
I've gotten to the point where I'm in regular sizes now, and can no longer fit into Torrid clothes. Is there a store with similar styling for regular sizes? I've been to Forever 21, and some other skinny size stores, and can't seem to find a replacement for Torrid?!
I know it's owned by Hot Topic, but I'm not looking for that...just the fun, youthful cool clothes they have at Torrid, but in regular sizes.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Online check out ASOS, Pinup girl clothing, mod cloth! Lots of good stuff!!!

Zulily is really great, if you're looking for cheap! If you're looking for fun & youthful and don't mind spending a bit (not expensive, just not CHEAP) then I suggest Modcloth.

I'm having this exact same struggle, personally. Somehow in my weight loss I've gone from floofy and girly and a little silly tot more rock/goth/punk, and frankly, I have no idea where to get the kind of clothes I want, aside from Torrid -- which I have now definitely 100% sized out of (she said as sitting in a 00 torrid dress that sits on her like a sack...)

I think the thing is that there are a TON MORE STORES with a TON MORE OPTIONS. It might be time to actually (gasp) go to a mall, and walk around, and try things on at a bunch of places. You might pick things up more piecemeal instead of just buynig full wardrobe in one store...

@Mama V

I absolutely hate Torrid. I was so gleeful that I would never have to shop there again. I hate their high prices and low quality (their shoes are complete trash you can see the glue on them).

However they do have a really unique brand style and there is no regular size store equivalent, not where you can get all the same things in one place.

CR just sell cheap, poorly made hoe clothes, like Fashion Nova and all the online stores, they have no identity. F21 same thing, and they are slowly raising prices and keeping the same trash quality. I like Asos, I shopped there as plus and I get things from there, but they don't have a strong brand identity either, they sell main stream trendy fashion but in a very middle of the road kind of way. Old navy just sells boring american "classics" in terrible colors, cuts, fabrics and styles. The only purpose of old navy is it is cheap, almost everything in there feels and wears terrible.

The only place I can seriously think of that has dresses in variety (from hoe to quirky) and a great selection of graphic tees is really the Macy's Junior section. You can get Disney and Star wars, other sci-fi and pop culture tees and they come decently in vintage tee washes too.

The great and terrible thing about regular sizes is you can shop everywhere, but now you also have to shop everywhere. I have to shop so many stores and brands to build my wardrobe now. It is a lot of fun but the choices can be overwhelming, Then when you add in vanity sizing, and size variations, it can be very daunting.

This Fall is my first effort at building a semi-perm wardrobe (my size is going to change when I have plastics next year), and I first looked in the stores at what is available. Then I really thought about what looks I wanted and needed. I like preppy and crisp for day looks, classic dress looks (Jackie O) for Sundays/Brunch, and as whorish as possible without looking like an actual street walker for evenings. I wanted to grab some pieces that even if I can't wear them in a year or 2 they have resale value or I can give them to people. So I looked at what brands still sell on eBay. I also wanted a wardrobe upgrade (buying cashmere instead of wool sweaters). Then I made a list of things I needed and in what quantity. Then I thought about the color range so shoes, bags and other things would co-ordinate. It took a little time but it has helped a lot.

@OutsideMatchInside was your post just to insult me? Firstly, I literally suggested all the stores you just put down like Charlotte Russe, Fashion Nova, and Old Navy. Secondly, you are insulting every woman that chooses to shop there and branding it as
"hoe" clothing. I buy sweaters, scarves and sweats and basic shirts from Charlotte Russe, Fashion Nova and Old Navy that are actually great to wear, they are modest enough to wear to work and yes, they have great prices. Some of their clothing can be a little revealing, but that's for women who choose to wear that if they go out to clubs, or need a cocktail dress. There's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can afford Torrid prices, and since we are changing sizes constantly, I offered places that are all over America and that are affordable. There's nothing wrong with shopping at those places. Does that make me a hoe for choosing to shop at these stores? Wow. You should really be more mindful before you speak. Not everyone wants to dress preppy or like Jackie O as that is your personal style. Charlotte Russe is very comparable to Torrid in "normal" sizes. Super rude.

Edited by sleevedshereen

@sleevedshereen

If I wanted to insult you, I would do it directly and @ you, not indirectly. I'm not passive aggressive. Unless you are a stock holder in these brands (and even if you are), you have no reason to be offended unless you just want to be.

I shop at all of those stores, which is how I know what they stock and the quality. I already said I like hoe clothes and if you read my whole post before flying off the handle you would have realized that, you stopped at Preppy and skipped over the hoe part. I have said it multiple times here over the past year since I have been shopping in regular sizes. I bought tanks and dresses from old navy when I was transitioning sizes and I suggested other people shop there too because it is cheap, cheaper than thrift stores when there is a sale. However the price reflects the quality and you can't compare Old Navy to banana Republic or J.Crew. The cuts and fabrics at Old Navy are inferior, however they are great if you are transitioning sizes rapidly because of the costs. The vanity sizing there along with the inferior cuts, is a bit much though, so you don't get a good grasp on your sizing in normal sizes.

Charolette Russe is not comparable at all to Torrid in regular sizes. The quality is lower, but the prices are lower too, so that balances out. The shoes in both stores are crappy, so they are equal there. The jewelry at Torrid is slightly better, but the jewelry at CR is cuter and cheaper. CR because of their price point does not have all the licensed graphic tees like Torrid does. They have random graphic tees. A lot of their stuff is made of inferior materials and you have to hand wash it, it can't go in the machine or the dryer. Most of their clothes are designed for single wear, because once Water touches it, it is never the same. They are seriously fast fashion, worse than F21. they have no distinctive style, the clothes they sell you can get anywhere. They make the same clothes as everyone else and they recycle styles a lot.

I like Windsor better for wear once club clothes, they have better designs and construction, but it is decidedly smaller juniors cuts.

Torrid has a very distinct and collective style. They have rockabilly looks, trendy hoewear or the proper term, clubwear, lots of collaborations with licensed clothes (Disney, Star Wars, Marvel), and punk. All in one store. There is no brand that has that in normal sizes, not a womens specialty store. A Dept Store juniors section is the closest anyone is going to get to that, because they stock multiple brands. Most womens specialty brands are not that eclectic in style.

I have been short changing Torrid because their pricing and down grade in quality has annoyed me over the years but honestly they are a very unique clothing brand with a unique market position, they have no equivalent in womens specialty clothing. OP specifically asked about youthful clothing, Torrid is unique in their offerings and there is no duplication in normal sizes.

I will admit, though you say "hoe" affectionately when referring to your own clothing choices I probably wouldn't like someone calling mine that. It's one of those One can say about themselves, but if someone else does it's insulting. I'm sure you didn't do that intentionally, but I can see how it could feel insulting. Sexy, revealing, club, etc might be a better word choice to referring to someone who takes money for sex, an illegal act in most states =P

[mention=323648]sleevedshereen[/mention]
If I wanted to insult you, I would do it directly and @ you, not indirectly. I'm not passive aggressive. Unless you are a stock holder in these brands (and even if you are), you have no reason to be offended unless you just want to be.
I shop at all of those stores, which is how I know what they stock and the quality. I already said I like hoe clothes and if you read my whole post before flying off the handle you would have realized that, you stopped at Preppy and skipped over the hoe part. I have said it multiple times here over the past year since I have been shopping in regular sizes. I bought tanks and dresses from old navy when I was transitioning sizes and I suggested other people shop there too because it is cheap, cheaper than thrift stores when there is a sale. However the price reflects the quality and you can't compare Old Navy to banana Republic or J.Crew. The cuts and fabrics at Old Navy are inferior, however they are great if you are transitioning sizes rapidly because of the costs. The vanity sizing there along with the inferior cuts, is a bit much though, so you don't get a good grasp on your sizing in normal sizes.
Charolette Russe is not comparable at all to Torrid in regular sizes. The quality is lower, but the prices are lower too, so that balances out. The shoes in both stores are crappy, so they are equal there. The jewelry at Torrid is slightly better, but the jewelry at CR is cuter and cheaper. CR because of their price point does not have all the licensed graphic tees like Torrid does. They have random graphic tees. A lot of their stuff is made of inferior materials and you have to hand wash it, it can't go in the machine or the dryer. Most of their clothes are designed for single wear, because once Water touches it, it is never the same. They are seriously fast fashion, worse than F21. they have no distinctive style, the clothes they sell you can get anywhere. They make the same clothes as everyone else and they recycle styles a lot.
I like Windsor better for wear once club clothes, they have better designs and construction, but it is decidedly smaller juniors cuts.
Torrid has a very distinct and collective style. They have rockabilly looks, trendy hoewear or the proper term, clubwear, lots of collaborations with licensed clothes (Disney, Star Wars, Marvel), and punk. All in one store. There is no brand that has that in normal sizes, not a womens specialty store. A Dept Store juniors section is the closest anyone is going to get to that, because they stock multiple brands. Most womens specialty brands are not that eclectic in style.
I have been short changing Torrid because their pricing and down grade in quality has annoyed me over the years but honestly they are a very unique clothing brand with a unique market position, they have no equivalent in womens specialty clothing. OP specifically asked about youthful clothing, Torrid is unique in their offerings and there is no duplication in normal sizes.

Interesting that you edited your first comment. I just wanted to point out that it was insulting to call it hoe clothing or speak about how cheap it is. Again, that's insulting if these are stores women on this site shop at and all they maybe could afford.

Also, this is supposed to be a place of empowerment and encouragement. Not a place to be inadvertently called a hoe.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, sleevedshereen said:

Interesting that you edited your first comment. I just wanted to point out that it was insulting to call it hoe clothing or speak about how cheap it is. Again, that's insulting if these are stores women on this site shop at and all they maybe could afford.

Also, this is supposed to be a place of empowerment and encouragement. Not a place to be inadvertently called a hoe.

I thought the correct spelling was ho, not hoe.

If only I had enough bad behavior to be called a ho every now and then!

19 hours ago, Kat410 said:

I thought the correct spelling was ho, not hoe.

If only I had enough bad behavior to be called a ho every now and then!

I guess I don't know how to spell it because I'm not a ho lol. Although since I buy sweaters and shirts from a couple stores I'm a ho now...lolll