Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever since the day i got out of surgery (4 weeks today) i've been having this back pain... its like right in the middle of the back over the spine, it comes and goes, and it is annoying and sometimes really strong. I asked my surgeon at the hospital and said it was probably because of the hospital bed and then today (since i work at a clinic) i asked one of the traumatologists what he thought about it and he said it was probably because of the weigh loss and muscle loss, which I find not very accurate since i've had this pain since I got surgery.

Anyone else been through this?

I don't have the pain right over my spine but I do have lower and upper back pain. One I blame on my boobs for being too big for my body now and the other is because I have a mattress that is due for an appointment with the dumpster outside but I'm too poor to buy a new mattress at the moment. Sometimes the heating pad I have helps with the pain.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-168
GW-130
Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

I had back pain, I think mine was because I had poor posture after the surgery (learning forward was less painful than sitting up straight and stretching out my belly). This did start in some degree while I was in the hospital but continued after as well. The surgeon's main initial concern was if there was a leak (typically shoulder pain but it can be back pain, per him) and it did not appear to be.

I have the exact same back pain and im 5 weeks post surgery ...I'm a chef and its becoming a nightmare at work I am having to mask the pain with strong pain killers or I will almost have to site and work which is a no go...I spent 15 days Post surgery in hospital due to a massive in infection so I am thinking maybe this is the reason why my back is so sore...I hope you sort your back out as will I...

Omg. Has anyone figured this out? I woke up from surgery with no stomach pain but only back pain. They told me it was the hospital bed as well.

The past 4 months I've been in hell. My pain has gotten to the point where I can't work any more. I can't stand or walk for than 2 minutes. Even sitting is unbearable. I'm pretty much bed bound.

They've sent me for x-ray and mris. I've been on pain meds. Now I'm in pain management.

Then last month my legs went numb. They can't figure out. The pain is in my middle back too.

Wow, I am glad to hear that others are having the same issue. I am 6 months post-op and I've been having extreme lower back pain. I have lost 77lbs thus far and I thought with the weight loss I would start to feel better and more mobile. But, I've had more pain then when I was prior to surgery. I've gone to a chiropractor to get readjusted, it worked for a couple of days but after a few days, the pain comes back. Anyone else has any idea what this may be? Any advice?

I am 8 weeks post opp and my muscles in my back are killing me and I am a Chef and Im living on very strong pain killers to numb out the pain while at work.. I spoke to the Surgeon about this issue and he said it is normal because of the weight on my belly that is causing my back to pain because most of the fat on my back and hips have gone.. he said I should go to gym and do back exercises to strengthen my back...

I have back pain anyway. And my surgeon said it will get worse after surgery. Less cushion as I lose weight will make it worse. Maybe you have a less cushion so it hurts and will adjust with time ?

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't have the pain right over my spine but I do have lower and upper back pain. One I blame on my boobs for being too big for my body now and the other is because I have a mattress that is due for an appointment with the dumpster outside but I'm too poor to buy a new mattress at the moment. Sometimes the heating pad I have helps with the pain.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-168
GW-130
Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

I’m right there with ya on those issues! Although my boobs have shrunk quite a bit. The mattress and not buying a good one..