Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ten days and counting.....

So, as I get closer to my surgery date I figured I'd like to share my story! At 5'1 I've always been "chubby" but it wasn't until my late 20's that the weight really started to stay on me. I know part of that was I continued to eat like an active collage kid but was not NEARLY as active. Gone where the walking everywhere, the dancing and the swimming days.Along came the drinking, eating fine foods and watching movies days. Those days took a slight toll and at my first attempt to get in shape I was maybe 190. Lost some weight, moved where there was less chance of activity and gained even more weight back. This time I was 230. In five months I dropped to 150 by cutting carbs, restricting calories waaaaay too much and exercising 5-6 a week for almost 2 hours a day. I was an animal but the weight came back when I slowed the pace after I got married. Slowly the numbers creeped back up. Sneaking their way back into the 200 mark. This time no matter what I did I just couldn't keep the weight off. So I stopped trying. I was healthy...good BP, good cholesterol numbers, no diabetes. It was fine right? But as I kept fooling myself that I was healthy slowly I wasn't so much. I started snoring, got hemorrhoids, slight edema and then I was getting winded walking up the stairs. At 267 I knew this could not end well if I didn't do something. This was my wake up that I needed. Closing into 40 I know that I need to take drastic measures if I want to succeed and make weightloss stick because my short legs are NOT going to be able to carry me if I keep this up. I know this is going to be an amazing opportunity for me and I'm glad I get to share my journey with you all.

FB_IMG_1504921136548.jpg FB_IMG_1504921174533.jpg

HW: 280

CW: 270

GW: 140

SD:9/18/17

Height: 5'1

Screenshot_20170908-214220_edit_1504921352861.png

Chin up and keep the motivation flowing towards your success! I kid you not this change will seriously take affect very fast and you'll feel amazing! As long as you keep active after surgery you'll look amazing! Keep us posted and we all wish you luck towards your new journey! P.s I just had my sleeve done 2 days ago, my journey just started and I can't wait to start seeing my results! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Chin up and keep the motivation flowing towards your success! I kid you not this change will seriously take affect very fast and you'll feel amazing! As long as you keep active after surgery you'll look amazing! Keep us posted and we all wish you luck towards your new journey! P.s I just had my sleeve done 2 days ago, my journey just started and I can't wait to start seeing my results! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Congrats!!! Keep us posted on your results as well!![emoji75]

HW: 280
CW: 270
GW: 140
SD:9/18/17
Height: 5'1

Welcome @LadyMoka, You are in the right place. I have my RNY Monday so I will be done before you are. I wish you the best of luck. Cheers,

Zallykatz16

Happy to see another Disnerd getting surgery like me :) You should plan a victory vacation back to Disney so you can take a new pic with Tink and do a cool side by side comparison! But that's me, I'll find any excuse I can to get back to Disney World lol

I'm sure evrything went well. Welcome to the losers bench.