Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I DONE CALLED CIGNA EVERYDAY SINCE MY PAPERWORK WAS SUBMITTED TO THEM ON 8/15/17... I'M STARTED TO FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE CALLER ID LOL..... HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR APPROVAL ?

I have Cigna as well and once everything was submitted it took only a week. I did receive a letter stating that some additional information was needed. When I called to see what information was needed I was told that my doctor's office had already responded and that I was approved.

surgeon's office called me today its still pending ... but im gonna called cigna again myself.....

It certainly won't hurt to give them a call, just to see if maybe any additional info is needed. The time from first appt in Janauary to all of the necessary appts and approval was 4 months. My surgery was scheduled for May 30th, but due to high blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat I had to see a cardiologist for about 2 months to get clearance and now my surgery has been rescheduled to Sept. 5th. I was actually surprised at how quickly it all happened. But, I can certainly understand the anxiety of knowing.

yes im so anxious .. I did 6 months because my secondary insurance required it just to find out last month the secondary insurance dropped me because my son turned 18 in may and my "income" was too much ... Cigna has waaayyyyy more documentation than they required due to the fact I had to do 6 months instead of 4 months... I hate insurance companies they waste no time deducting the money from my paycheck every 2 weeks but make you wait for approval.... -_-

I totally agree with you, but from reading everyone who has Cigna it has been a very smooth and painless process. When you call tomorrow and it's still pending. I would call everyday until you hear those words, your surgery has been approved.

well I called again and they said they have received all my clinical information and it's still being reviewed and that it takes 5-7 days from date it was submitted and being that it was submitted last Tuesday, day 5 is tomorrow and they will be receiving another phone called from me tomorrow.....

Good deal, at least you know you will be receiving your response this week. I think you will be good. Hopefully, it will be an instant approval.

hope so... I have my date (oct 19th).. I've already gave both my jobs notice and im just ready for a lifestyle change

Same here. I started my 2nd pre-op today since the first surgery was cancelled or should I say delayed. I have been educating myself as much as I can.

when is your surgery date? yeah I done a lot of research on the surgery my mom was suppose to get it 2 years ago but she had sleep apnea really bad and never went through with it.. I have about 7 friends who has had the sleeve done

Sept. 5th

I have Cigna too and it was really quick for me. Like a week between the surgeon's office submitting everything and me getting the call that it was approved.

I did get a letter in the mail from Cigna that more documentation was required like the other poster above, but by the time the letter arrived at my house the surgeon's office had already submitted the additional documentation and it had been approved.