Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still hurting post op and not ready, but I am wondering how soon was everyone released to have sex again and how did things go when you did, much pain in wound sites? Particularly the left upper side from the laproscopy?

Sent from my SM-N910P using BariatricPal mobile app

This may be TMI and I can't even believe i'm going to open up about this but here it goes...I had gastric sleeve...I waited about 2 weeks. I put a pillow and was on my tummy...lol it was ok. The pain was not bad, but sex itself was actually painful...I was reading a lot of articles on why this could happen (regarding dryness)...our estrogen levels are out of whack, our hormones are out of whack so for me...I just felt like I was losing my virginity all over again (not to mention it had been like 3 weeks since I had sex with my boyfriend) lol. That might be TMI but I just thought as a woman you might want to know that I wasn't affected by the pain of surgery, I was affected by pain of not being able to lubricate. Last week at 3 weeks post op I tried again....it was great. lol *dying of embarrassment now*

I haven't had sex at all. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 175
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

Hello Nursesmiley,

I waited 6 weeks because I was kind of nervous and wanted to heal first. Idk if they is a time period to wait but I took a little longer to have energy and strength. This may be TMI but I will be honest to you, the sex is so much different. When I was heavier I didn't feel as much pleasure as I do now!!! It's amazing when you lose weight how your body changes. My husband states that I got tighter then before which makes it more pleasurable for both. Sorry for TMI but before I had problems reaching a orgasm and now it's so much easier and the feeling I feel is so strong. Again sorry for TMI but I am being honest. I feel that a women body changes. I have more desire now to have sex than before. It's kind of hard to put into words but it sure feels different. I didn't have any incision pain at all. I did feel a little uncomfortable at first with certain positions but as time goes by, you feel better. Also my self confidence is much better than before. The Surgury I had was gastric bypass. Sorry for expressing myself but I think it's important that we support one another. Best of luck 😀.

I waited three weeks and used a pillow to support my stomach. I was back to normal at four weeks.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 231.8

I waited a week and used a pillow under my stomach. Doggy.