Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im at the airport now, sitting at my gate waiting to board. I'm excited and mentally freaking out all at the same time. I have a long day of travel ahead of me and then procedure today as well. Wish me luck!

20170704_040240.jpg

Sam i will see you soon! Hang in there [emoji6] your almost here girl...Just about to try get some sleep at the hotel (arrived at 11pm) ...eeeeeks our pick up is 7am! Cant wait to meet you...travel safe ..and so you have it...my cell is 604 838 1895 ..i meant to text you yesterday but this whole thing has been a bit of a whirlwind with so much to plan and do..

Sent from my SM-G903W using BariatricPal mobile app

GOOD LUCK YOU TWO!!! :D :780_sparkling_heart:

Best of luck on a swift recovery. Seems like bariatricmx is a really fantastic choice!

How cool that you guys are meeting in MX. You'll share that bond forever! Can't wait to hear how you each made out!

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Best of luck ladies! [emoji106]

Aka_ET

HW-220
Pre-op 194.3
RNY
SD June 16th 2017
CW-186
GW-140
HT 5' 3"
[emoji120][emoji878][emoji1272]

"You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit"

Everything went really well! I'm so thankful that I got on here and reached out to meet some people that are on the same path as me...it honestly helped make the experience so much easier!

The valets were great, the staff at the hospital was wonderful and Dr. Illian for sure lived up to all of the wonderful things that I had read about him. I would recommend this route to anyone who was considering weight loss surgery.

The first evening after surgery was a little rough for me...I did throw up and it didn't feel very well. I rang my bell and the nurses were in immediately and helped me feel better. Other than that, things went pretty smoothly. Do lots of walking, even if it is just around your room.

I am now 5 days out and feeling pretty good. Energy levels are a lot better than I had anticipated. I was a little nervous about being super tired for quite some time, after reading other peoples experiences, but I may possibly feel pretty good because that's the norm for me (as I have an almost 2 year old little boy) ;) Still on liquids and I'm not having any issues in getting my recommended ounces in. I just keep sipping away, rather than chugging. As long as I keep my drinks smaller than I used to, I seem to be able to take one then relatively shortly after have another. My incisions are a little tender, but that is really to be expected. I haven't had to take any pain medication since I left the hospital.

I will say that this whole experience is as much, if not even more, of a mental/emotional thing rather than physical. You have to be in the right mindset and emotionally ready for this.

3 hours ago, samantha814 said:

Everything went really well! I'm so thankful that I got on here and reached out to meet some people that are on the same path as me...it honestly helped make the experience so much easier!

Samantha, So good to hear... How long did you stay in the Hospital/hotel before you flew out ?

Samantha, So good to hear... How long did you stay in the Hospital/hotel before you flew out ?

I flew in on the 4th and had my surgery that afternoon. I was discharged the sixth and was taken to the hotel. The doctor came to check on us all that evening at the hotel (your vitals, look at your incisions and listen to your stomach), which was really nice.

I flew out on the seventh. It was quite a long haul, San Diego to New Jersey, but I didnt have any issues and wasnt even tempted to eat one of those damn delta Cookies ;)

13 minutes ago, samantha814 said:

those damn delta Cookies ;)

That is great... Yea I'm using my Skymiles to go from Atlanta nonstop... it is half of what I would have to pay, if I paid money.

So awesome to read that you had a positive experience. I'm glad you're now home and on your new journey. Best of luck!!

Aka_ET

HW-220
Pre-op 194.3
RNY
SD June 16th 2017
CW-185
GW-140
HT 5' 3"
[emoji120][emoji878][emoji1272]

"You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit"

Glad to know everything went so well for you. Best wishes on this journey we are embarking on.