Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Negative Comments! Did anyone cheat during Pre op

Please be honest and no negative comments.

DID anyone cheat during their pre op liquid diet ?

You could use search, then you would not have to worry about negative comments.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I only had one day of a pre-op liquid diet, which was the day before surgery. I'm losing weight just fine, but I do wish I had tried to lose some pre-op. I totally get the frustration with the liquid diet though, and I really wish I had a magic answer for you. I suspect if you cheated it would not destroy the entire diet or invalidate your surgery, but as we all know, once you make that first exception it is so hard to get back on the straight and narrow. Soooo, if you have cheated, just try to get back on it and don't look back is what I am trying to say. Best of luck with the coming surgery!!

You're not the only one who has cheated. I've read stories. You have to keep in mind that your liver might be enlarged and that would make surgery harder. You have to try to do all you can to prevent complications. I know it's hard. I suffered through it too. It felt good to step on the scale pre surgery 15lbs lighter though. Eye on the prize.

I know everyone is different and have different circumstances but I find it hard to believe that anyone would go through the process of having a life changing surgery and risk it or sabotage there success by cheating on there diet when in reality your only hurting yourself. Not trying to be critical or almighty just my thinking and mho

Hw 325 cw 290 Sw tbd gw 190

I didn't have a pre op diet. Just nothing to eat midnight the night before my surgery. I was trying to keep my blood sugar is check so my "last meal" was a taco salad at our favorite Mexican restaurant. No shell... but everything else. It was so yummy

3 hours ago, scottiemagee said:

I know everyone is different and have different circumstances but I find it hard to believe that anyone would go through the process of having a life changing surgery and risk it or sabotage there success by cheating on there diet when in reality your only hurting yourself. Not trying to be critical or almighty just my thinking and mho

It is a life changing surgery but the reality is if some of us were able to eat right and exercise we wouldn't be overweight, while others like myself struggle everyday it's not as easy for me which is why I am having the surgery. I'm happy that you don't know that struggle. My surgery is on 6/12 and yes I have cheated with string cheese and some green olives.

It is a life changing surgery but the reality is if some of us were able to eat right and exercise we wouldn't be overweight, while others like myself struggle everyday it's not as easy for me which is why I am having the surgery. I'm happy that you don't know that struggle. My surgery is on 6/12 and yes I have cheated with string cheese and some green olives.

Awww girl you didn't go have pizza are ice cream.. I totally feel you thou my surgery is 6/14 and this diet is getting to me. I'll take string cheese before a burger I don't think that would do to much damage good luck

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I cheated, the Dr had me start my liquid diet 2 1/2 weeks before surgery because I had gained 30 pounds waiting for my insurance approval. I was good for almost a week then I had a burrito one day, then cheeseburger macaroni the next 2 days but then I was good for another week then I had 12 pieces of chicken 2 nights before my surgery. I guess I was lucky, I didn't have any complications during surgery or after. My surgery date was 11/21 and I lost 185 pounds so far and have about 120 to go. If you do cheat move on and don't beat yourself up over it.

If we were able to do weeks of healthy pre-op eating, we wouldn't need surgery. I did 2 days pre-op liquids. Great surgery, 3 weeks later, smooth, lumpy Soups, and I had a piece of chicken yesterday. Tilapia the day before, a little nausea but it passed quickly. We each should listen to who we work with

If we were able to do weeks of healthy pre-op eating, we wouldn't need surgery. I did 2 days pre-op liquids. Great surgery, 3 weeks later, smooth, lumpy Soups, and I had a piece of chicken yesterday. Tilapia the day before, a little nausea but it passed quickly. We each should listen to who we work with

This is true and I guess I should rethink my thoughts about this I personally only Have to do a week of full fluids I guess for such a short amount of time I can put up with anything

My surg date is 6/19 and I started my liquid diet a week ago and I have lost no weight and I am so bloated. I have a pre surg appt in 4 days and I am worried that they will cancel my surg.