Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you guys eating???

What are some of your favorite recipe ideas post op? What do you love to make both for Breakfast, Snacks and dinner?

I'm running out of creative ideas since my appetite is gone. I'll try anything new.

Also, what do you eat on days when you don't feel like cooking?

I eat the same thing every day -- 8 small meals about 2 hours or so apart. I drink 32 oz of Water between Meals 1 and 2 and between Meals 2 and 3, 16 oz of water between Meals 3 and 4, 16 oz of Powerade Zero between Meals 4 and 5, and Meals 6 and 7.

Meal #1: 1 scrambled egg with 2 oz of chicken breast

Meal #2: 4 oz cottage cheese with 1 T sugar-free strawberry preserves

Meal #3: 3 oz of chicken breast with 1 string cheese

Meal #4: 3 oz of salmon with 1 oz of green Beans

Meal #5: 3 oz of hamburger steak (90% lean) with 1 oz of green beans

Meal #6: 3 oz of chicken breast with 1 oz of green beans

Meal #7: 3 oz of chicken breast with 1 string cheese

Meal #8: 4 oz cottage cheese with 1 T sugar-free strawberry preserves

This puts me at about 1400 calories per day, 20 grams of carbs, and 140 or so grams of Protein. I am eating and drinking all day; it takes 12-14 hours to get it all in.

How long ago was your surgical procedure?

I'm 2+ years out. My favorite go-to recipes are blackened tilapia, flatbread pizza, salmon croquets, mackerel cakes, sardine fritters, Italian meatloaf, beef nacho casserole, chicken enchiladas, and cheesy tuna casserole.

When I don't want to cook I eat roast beef & cheddar sandwiches, chef salad, Lean Cuisine dinners, canned Soups, cottage cheese, and veggie burger patties.

I consume about 2000+ calories per day and 120 grams of Protein. I don't count fat grams or carbs. I don't track, weigh or measure since those behaviors remind me of the dieters' mentality. Many of us sucked at diet adherence before surgery, so why live like that? Tracking isn't for me.

I exercise 6 days a week. My favorite exercise is running, but I also lift weights.

Edited by Introversion

Everything depends on how far out you. If I recall correctly you are just like 2 or 3 months?

One way I create variety in my food is in the way I season it.

Example a pack of thin sliced steak can be..

• Fajita meat with fajita seasoning
  • Philly Steak
  • Just steak :lol:

Shrimp can be..

• Cajun
  • Boiled coastal style
  • Scampi
  • salad topper

The best thing you can do for yourself is to invest in high quality spices and seasoning mixes that don't have sugar.

My 2 favorites are

https://www.penzeys.com/

https://flavorgod.com/

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

How long ago was your surgical procedure?
I'm 2+ years out. My favorite go-to recipes are blackened tilapia, flatbread pizza, salmon croquets, mackerel cakes, sardine fritters, Italian meatloaf, beef nacho casserole, chicken enchiladas, and cheesy tuna casserole.
When I don't want to cook I eat roast beef & cheddar sandwiches, chef salad, Lean Cuisine dinners, canned Soups, cottage cheese, and veggie burger patties.
I consume about 2000+ calories per day and 120 grams of Protein. I don't count fat grams or carbs. I don't track, weigh or measure since those behaviors remind me of the dieters' mentality. Many of us sucked at diet adherence before surgery, so why live like that? Tracking isn't for me.
I exercise 6 days a week. My favorite exercise is running, but I also lift weights.
@introversion that sounds yummy, i'm going to try some of those, thanks!

Everything depends on how far out you. If I recall correctly you are just like 2 or 3 months?
One way I create variety in my food is in the way I season it.
Example a pack of thin sliced steak can be..
  • Fajita meat with fajita seasoning
  • Philly Steak
  • Just steak :lol:
Shrimp can be..
  • Cajun
  • Boiled coastal style
  • Scampi
  • salad topper
The best thing you can do for yourself is to invest in high quality spices and seasoning mixes that don't have sugar.
My 2 favorites are
https://www.penzeys.com/
https://flavorgod.com/

Nope. 6 months. I can eat whatever i want, i just get very bored easily. As soon as i make something i no longer want it. I just need new recipe ideas to keep mixing things up.

My friend always says she gets bored with food. I eat basically the same thing every day. I have a few variations during the week but not really.

I don't eat leftovers and I live alone, so that kinds of limits what I can/will eat without creating leftovers.

Maybe someone else will have good ideas.

4 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I don't eat leftovers and I live alone, so that kinds of limits what I can/will eat without creating leftovers.

You don't eat leftovers? Really? I live off leftovers...as I type this, a two-pound squash ranch meatloaf is baking in my oven. :)

Since I also live alone and there's no way I'd eat two pounds of ground beef and turkey by the end of the day, this meatloaf will comprise the majority of my meals for the next couple of days.

I suppose I'm weird, but I prefer the taste of day-old food rather than something that's piping hot and fresh off the stove or just came out of the oven.

I like all my food piping hot to the point it almost burns my mouth and fresh. I also don't eat microwaved food. I use my microwave for melting butter fast and that is about it.

I feel like leftovers are punishments. I can't understand people who meal prep, they are just eating left overs all week. Why do people torture themselves like that?!?!?

I end up getting boxes for my food at restaurants just to make other people comfortable, but I toss it in the dumpster when I get home and don't even bring it in. I'm not eating leftovers I cooked and for sure not eating restaurant leftovers, reheated restaurant food is the biggest fail of fails.

I buy meat a pound at a time, rarely get frozen, only with grass fed beef because you just don't have any choice.

I cook my steaks/pork chops and immediately eat them, so I cook like 4 times a day.

I also work from home so I have that luxury. I had a job for a little while a few months ago, and almost starved because I didn't have a lot of options of places to eat around me and I hate taking a lunch to work.

I also hate most carbs so I don't miss the stuff people are crying about all the time. I'm weird and I know it, lol.

1 hour ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I like all my food piping hot to the point it almost burns my mouth and fresh. I also don't eat microwaved food. I use my microwave for melting butter fast and that is about it.

I feel like leftovers are punishments. I can't understand people who meal prep, they are just eating left overs all week. Why do people torture themselves like that?!?!?

I am with you on this! I always wonder how people get their frozen leftovers to taste better? Piping hot and fresh is the way to go.

@Ldyvenus

Some of us just have refined palate. Exemplary taste is a curse. :lol:

I have always been picky like this since I was a child too, should have never got whale sized but I love food, even if I am picky about it.

One of my favorite meals is taco-seasoned ground beef with everything you'd put in a taco (cheese, taco sauce, sour cream, tomatoes, etc) inside of a big leaf of romaine lettuce. Use the lettuce leaf as the taco shell. It is great! It tastes the same as a regular taco without the carbs.

I also like to chop up grilled chicken breast and mix it with corn, black Beans, and avocado pieces for a southwestern flavor.

For quick Snacks, I roll a couple slices Deli turkey or chicken with a slice of cheese inside of a big leaf of lettuce.

I am totally with you on the leftovers. I really don't care for them. Now bac in my FAT DAYS I loved fried spaghetti, left over fried rice. Not any more. I'm with you on throwing away the extra food. I can't or won't eat it and I hate the waste of food. I would just stay home and have a slice of bread (of course Whole grain) with a little mayo 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese. I also eat something I like until I just can not do it another day. I guess we all have our little food stuff!!

Today I plan to eat stuffed bell peppers...they just came out of the oven. The house is smelling so delicious right now.

The stuffing consists of ground beef, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, brown rice, and Tomato sauce under melted mozzarella.

I keep meaning to make stuffed bell peppers and I have some riced cauliflower in the freezer, I am going to make some next week.

I'm making fathead pizza tonight, so I will be eating leftovers all weekend. A rarity.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside