Flying with the lap Band

8 posts in this topic

I have a question about flying with the lap band. My doctor has recommended that I have some Fluid removed before my flight. How much do they normally remove and will they put it all back in at one time when I return? I don't want to have slowly build back up to where I am. I am probably one fill away from being green.

i have been on several flights since getting the band and never had any issues. why would he say to take some out?

I think the swelling that is normal for your feet and such when you fly also irritates the band a bit. I drink more Fluid and eat less until I get to my destinations. I got "stuck "
Once on a long flight and it was not pleasant.
I was much better the next day Now I bring Protein Bars or some nuts and string cheese to get me there.
Bon voyage

Hi I'm worried about flying, I'm having a few problems with food getting stuck I've had to had some fuild removed and a due to have a some more put in I'm hopefully gonna have 5 MLS back in my band before I fly will I be ok? Any tips etc

Hi I'm worried about flying, I'm having a few problems with food getting stuck I've had to had some fuild removed and a due to have a some more put in I'm hopefully gonna have 5 MLS back in my band before I fly will I be ok? Any tips etc

I would suggest you have a fill after your holiday especially if you were having trouble before. The band can tighten with flying.
Linsey From Gastric Band Aftercare Wales

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app