Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks out and don't want to eat don't want to drink I have no energy whatsoever. Does anyone else feel light-headed when they stand up and try to do things?

I felt light headed and dizzy about a week post op. I was getting enough Protein but my Water intake was low. They told me I wasn't drinking enough water. I've increased my intake to 60ounces plus, and I feel sooo much better. Do you like water cold, tepid, or hot? Or flavored in any way? Anything you can do to get the fluids in will help. At this point, I've been told it's more important to get water than it is the protein. Sending prayers and good energy your way! [emoji1374]

Laura[emoji1]

2 hours ago, julsfit said:

I'm 3 weeks out and don't want to eat don't want to drink I have no energy whatsoever. Does anyone else feel light-headed when they stand up and try to do things?

I had this for a few weeks. If you dont take blood pressure meds, then You're not getting enough Water. I increased my water intake and it went away and my energy is great. Week 4 is where my energy rebounded to normal.

If you are not eating or drinking and are feeling light-headed, you should talk to your doctor. The last thing you want is to be hospitalised for dehydration or any other issues. Dehydration is serious. Is the problem that you don't WANT to eat/drink or that you CAN'T eat/drink? If it's the former, you really need to set a schedule and eat and drink - your body NEEDS it - you are setting yourself up for problems if you don't deal with this now. I often don't feel like eating or drinking either, but I do it because I have to. However, if the problem is that you CAN'T, that's another story and you really should go see your doctor/nut and talk to them about it.

The only time I ever felt light-headed and about to pass out was when I was coming back from Germany to Japan. I hadn't eaten much on the flight because my low-carb meals ended up being nothing but carbs, but I thought I had had enough fluids. I guess not - I was ok at the airport, but on the train back home I started feeling really weak. When I got up to get off the train, I thought I was going to pass out right then and there (I was also incredibly shaky and disorientated). Luckily I was able to stumble to a nearby bench and I had a couple of bites of an energy bar I had packed for emergencies. That gave me enough energy to go get a drink (some veggie/fruit yogurt drink), and within 30 minutes I felt better. Researching it later I realised I had become hypoglycemic - I basically had every symptom on the list. I have to admit I didn't think that was possible - I had assumed that my fat stores could provide whatever extra energy I needed, but I was wrong. That really scared me, and now I make sure I am always prepared for my next meal or drink, wherever I am. Anyway, I hope you can figure things out and start getting the liquids and nutrients that your body needs.

1 word...Bee pollen....Ok well thats actually 2 words. But try some local bee pollen in your shakes.

Yes, that happened to me for weeks... I would say I wasn't myself and didn't have any energy for about 3 weeks, which was infuriating and depressing. In the very beginning, Powerade Zero helped me, when I couldn't fit the right amount of liquid into the day-- it gives you more than plain Water does. And other than that, I found that it didn't really improve until I was on real food, after my 2 week appointment (which happened at 3 weeks). I am almost 7 weeks out now, and on a full diet (proteins, veggies, fruit-- no bread/pasta/potatoes) and my energy is even better.

I know it's not helpful right now, but I think we have all been there, so don't feel alone or give up. You will make it through this! It sucks. Be kind to yourself, and remember-- LOW EXPECTATIONS are key right now. No big ambitions for the day, let yourself take it as easy as you possibly can.

I felt very weak and light-headed for the first three weeks. I think most of it is fluids. I was getting my Protein in but not enough fluids. I even called my doctor on day 6 and told him I was dehydrated and needed fluids. He told me to focus on getting more in and to try Propel Water because it has electrolytes in it. That helped immediately. But I was still short of breath after climbing stairs and just felt weak until week 4. Then felt stronger. I tried eating a little more too - my nutritionist said I needed more calories.