Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll eventually be able to eat more, right?

I've had a couple or complications but now I'm back on track, my issue is I can't eat! I'm 6.5 weeks out and can eat 2oz of yogurt, or 1.5oz of chicken salad, or 1 slice of deli meat. At what point should I expect to eat a somewhat reduced regular diet?

Without knowing what complications you had, yes.

Just keep eating and you will have more capacity as time passes.

I have a portal vein blood clot and just got over a nasty throat infection.

Thanks, glad to hear. I think my stomach is just behind.

I wasn't implying that you wanted to eat eat. I just wanted to say what an AMAZING tool we have!! I'm sorry if my statement made you think I was being mean or that I thought you just wanted to go on a binge. I also want to say I am so sorry about what you had to go thru. Again Good Luck and KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

Unfortunately yes.

Unfortunately, lol. But seriously, I hope that you continue healing and feel better soon.

1 minute ago, trekker954 said:

Unfortunately yes.

Great minds...

I wasn't implying that you wanted to eat eat. I just wanted to say what an AMAZING tool we have!! I'm sorry if my statement made you think I was being mean or that I thought you just wanted to go on a binge. I also want to say I am so sorry about what you had to go thru. Again Good Luck and KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

Not mean at all!! It IS an amazing tool. I'm just ready for the next stage. Because of all the back and forth in the hospital I think my stomach is weeks behind. Thanks for all your help!

It depends on the food or time of day for me. Im 5 weeks out and I can eat yogurt or cottage cheese for Breakfast like its nobody's business. With more dense foods I can eat way less. I can barely finish a 1/2 wrap with 1 piece of cheese and 3 slices of turkey breast. Mornings are hit or miss Im either very hungry or not at all.

I only wish I had restriction. You will be able to eat all day every day at some point, if you want to. Don't despair because you cannot eat now.

I'm 3 and 1/2 years out and I am still amazed at how little I can eat and be satisfied. Your tummy does allow you to eat more as time goes by. But isn't that one of the GREAT PERKS of WLS? To be able to eat less and be satisfied is TOTALLY AMAZING!!!

This is so encouraging. Although I have definitely found my slider foods, I still work hard to not indulge too much. I have been so afraid that I would eventually lose the restriction in how much I can eat.

That will change completely. You will be back to normal.