Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am sitting here on the 7th day of my pre-op 2 weeks liquid only diet feeling sorry for myself. I am almost asking myself why I am doing this to myself. I am glad I am doing it, I know I am doing it for my health and all the right reasons, but I am just exhausted watching everyone else enjoy food, and me sitting here, almost preferring no food to one more stupid shake.

I know I cannot be the only one feeling this way right now. I am just so overwhelmed with everything.

I too feel your pain. I'm at about day 11. I'm on liquids for 3 months! Hang in there. Remind yourself of the end goal. Some days I go for a walk when the family is eating. I just need to get away. You can do this!

Stop and realize what you are saying: you are so addicted to food you would rather go on being obese than miss a few days of food.

Speaking only for myself, when I put the same issue into those terms, it made me even more determined to change.

I did it a year ago and I am so glad I did you get the food back and sometimes you will be fighting the same battle but there is a big but you will have lost the weight and hopefully make better choices.

In my opinion, the 2-weeks pre op liquid diet was the hardest part of the whole journey (yes, surgery pain sucked too but there's pain meds for that). I stayed away from restaurants & from my social life so I wouldn't have to see people eat. When my fiancé ate I went to the other room till he was done. Staying away helped & realizing this is temporary until surgery. Stay busy these 2-weeks so you won't think about food & get distracted doing other things. I love food, if I can do this, You can do it. Good luck! Stay strong.

Height: 5'0"

Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.

Surgery date: 2/13/17

Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).

Current weight: 178.8 lbs

My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

You need to come to terms with the fact that you ate your way to this point. You need to come to terms that this operation is a crossroad in your life. One path leads to sickness and early death, all for a few minutes of pleasure you get from eating. The other path leads to a path or a healthy and a longer and better quality of life.

The first few weeks before and after surgery do suck, but you need to take responsibility that you did this to yourself, now you need to get yourself out of it. Suck it up, look to the future and tell yourself your not going down the wrong path and your not going back.

The easy way out it is doing nothing at all.

its hard for me still.. almost two months post op and family will be eatting and ill have four bites and im full . itll be worth it is alll i keep telling myseld

Soon you will look at this as a small "bleep" of your journey. You have SO much to look forward to!

It's a pretty normal reaction. I remember in college, I joined a Christian fellowship and there was a time we had a 3-weeks fast.
It did a number on the brain during the first week.
That's how the brain works. It floods you with pleasant memories from tasty meals, in a bid to get you to eat. The brain has set your metabolism and 'weight'. Reducing food triggers the brain to try and restore equilibrium. It's much more than saying "food addiction". It's hard-wiring by the brain that must be bypassed or overcome. That is why many people regain on diets. The brain is sometimes one's biggest adversary..
Hang in there

Sent from my SM-N900P using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm right here with you! Day 3 of my pre-op liquid liver shrink diet. I think I've lost maybe 1 pound?

I'm fine if I stay busy or keep drinking but my dumb ole brain keeps trying to get me hungry. So I chew Jello and munch popsicles and sip hot broth along with the Protein Shakes. It sorta tricks me into thinking it's food. LOL

This is just a step in the journey. You got this!!

I don't understand why doctors require pre-op diets. It's just unnecessary torture in my opinion. I'm sorry you feel so down. What other coping mechanism can you find besides food to cheer you up?

I don't understand why doctors require pre-op diets. It's just unnecessary torture in my opinion. I'm sorry you feel so down. What other coping mechanism can you find besides food to cheer you up?

Obese people store fat in their liver, enlarging them (and causing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease).

The pre-op diet shrinks the liver to give the surgeon more room to work and make it less likely they'll accidentally damage the liver, which could be life threatening.

Obese people store fat in their liver, enlarging them (and causing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease).

The pre-op diet shrinks the liver to give the surgeon more room to work and make it less likely they'll accidentally damage the liver, which could be life threatening.

Oh, good to know. My doctor did not require one. Maybe it depends on bmi.

I too feel your pain. I'm at about day 11. I'm on liquids for 3 months! Hang in there. Remind yourself of the end goal. Some days I go for a walk when the family is eating. I just need to get away. You can do this!

Why are you on liquid for 3 months??

Missed this post earlier. How come you are on liquids for 3 months? That seems a bit extreme..

Sent from my SM-N900P using BariatricPal mobile app