Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Matthew Weiner Excellent information

I am an eight months post op gastric sleeve patient in the UK.

I have had every complication going and unfortunately, have had limited support from my NHS bariatric team.

So I have been learned alone how to manage my post op care, Vitamins and diet.

Someone here recommended Dr Weiner's youtube videos so I watched every one of them.

His advice has been fantastic. The video explaining how and why we lose so much weight in the initial post op period, then hit that wall around the nine month mark, was such a revelation.

I have bought his book, a plan that he recommends to everyone who wants to lose weight, but very helpful to WLS patients.

The plan is so different than my bariatric plan but so much better.

I have to follow a low fodmap diet, plus a wls diet, so was really struggling to find a diet plan that suited me.

I live alone so don't like to cook as I have no one else to feed but this book has me excited about my next year in this process.

I have also bought a fitbit which has also been so encouraging for me. It means that I can track everything so I can keep to my diet and exercise program.

I am quite housebound with a disability so the positive information from Dr Weiner and the data that the fitbit gives me has helped so much.

Dr Weiner will do skype consultations. For people like me who are doing all of this alone without support, his videos and diet information are a God send.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I find his videos very helpful, too! I learned through him that I'm taking the wrong kind of Iron. Totally missed my surgeon's recommendation. I think I'm going to get his book!

I find his videos very helpful, too! I learned through him that I'm taking the wrong kind of Iron. Totally missed my surgeon's recommendation. I think I'm going to get his book!

I think you might find it helpful even if you don't decide to follow the diet plan.

Thanks. Congrats on your weight loss! You've done great!

Thanks. Congrats on your weight loss! You've done great!

Thank you! I can't take credit for that. All of my weight came off due to complications post op.

I am determined to get healthy and maintain the weightloss though.

I have had every complication going and unfortunately, have had limited support from my NHS bariatric team.

Someone here recommended Dr Weiner's youtube videos so I watched every one of them.

His advice has been fantastic. The video explaining how and why we lose so much weight in the initial post op period, then hit that wall around the nine month mark, was such a revelation.

I have bought his book, a plan that he recommends to everyone who wants to lose weight, but very helpful to WLS patients.

I have to follow a low fodmap diet, plus a wls diet, so was really struggling to find a diet plan that suited me.

I live alone so don't like to cook as I have no one else to feed but this book has me excited about my next year in this process.

I have also bought a fitbit which has also been so encouraging for me. It means that I can track everything so I can keep to my diet and exercise program.

I am quite housebound with a disability so the positive information from Dr Weiner and the data that the fitbit gives me has helped so much.

Dr Weiner will do skype consultations. For people like me who are doing all of this alone without support, his videos and diet information are a God send.

Hi Gina

I am from UK and also had no help post op. I had lots of problems in the first 3 weeks. I am also disabled and had problems with my medications after the op. I will check out these videos that you have mentioned. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the BariatricPal App

Hi Gina

I am from UK and also had no help post op. I had lots of problems in the first 3 weeks. I am also disabled and had problems with my medications after the op. I will check out these videos that you have mentioned. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the BariatricPal App

Feel free to get in touch if you need a buddy!

God bless

Gina

Thanks for this.. I'm an uninsured 9 weeks post op sleeve patient from Australia and have only had one folllow up appointment since my surgery. And that was with my dietician whom didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know lol. To she handed me a pamphlet and that was really it.

I have found a lot of my diet and post op info from Pinterest and different forums like this one. Sometimes instagram and YouTube as well.

I think it's because I was a self funded patient that I haven't really been given the time of day after my surgery. Thankfully I haven't had any complications but I have no idea about what supplements to take except Multivitamins..

Annoying really

Thanks for this.. I'm an uninsured 9 weeks post op sleeve patient from Australia and have only had one folllow up appointment since my surgery. And that was with my dietician whom didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know lol. To she handed me a pamphlet and that was really it.

I have found a lot of my diet and post op info from Pinterest and different forums like this one. Sometimes instagram and YouTube as well.

I think it's because I was a self funded patient that I haven't really been given the time of day after my surgery. Thankfully I haven't had any complications but I have no idea about what supplements to take except multivitamins..

Annoying really

So sorry to hear that! These videos and his book are really informative.

Message me if you want a buddy. I am no expert but I got through it and am happy to help even if it is just to listen!

God bless,

Gina

We have another topic going about him too.

He is my Dr. He is excellent and just as nice in person as his videos.

He is so knowledgeable and does take the time to listen.

His advice is different than most but if you think about it we really do need all the vegetables for health and antioxidants for healing.

I am so grateful that I found him!

Sorry you had so many complications. Hopefully this year will be great for you. I think with his videos and book you will be successful!

I think it's because I was a self funded patient that I haven't really been given the time of day after my surgery. Thankfully I haven't had any complications but I have no idea about what supplements to take except Multivitamins..

Annoying really

So sorry to hear that! These videos and his book are really informative.

Message me if you want a buddy. I am no expert but I got through it and am happy to help even if it is just to listen!

God bless,

Gina

Thank u x

What is the name of his book that you bought?

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

@@GinaCampbell I, too, am sorry about your complications. Do you follow Dr. Weiner's plan?

@@GinaCampbell I, too, am sorry about your complications. Do you follow Dr. Weiner's plan?

Thank you. We all take a chance having wls, that complications might occur.

Yes, I am following his diet and exercise plan.