Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello, I am Hilary from Australia. I am hoping to be banded in the near future and have my appt with the surgeon tomorrow. I have to lose about 30kg which is about 66lb I believe to get within a healthy range (but not at the old WW ideal weight). I am 49, work part time as a school counsellor and am studying this year part time also. I have a great supportive husband and three boys aged 11 19 and 21. I am looking forward to chatting to both experienced and inexperienced bandsters.:)

HI HILARY:clap2:CONGRATS ON JOINING THE BANDWAGON! I JOINED THIS SITE LAST WEEK AND HAVE HAD LOADS OF SUPPORT AND INFO PLUS SOME GREAT CHATS WITH PEOPLE. I AM SIX WEEKS POST BANDING AND HAVE JUST ARRANGED MY FIRST FILL FOR 19 OCT TWO WEEKS LONGER THAN I WAS HOPING TO WAIT BUT IT,S THE FIRST AVAILABLE APPOINTEMENT THEY HAD:cry I HOPE YOU GET AS MUCH OUT OF THIS SITE AS I HAVE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY AND LET US KNOW HOW THE WEIGHT LOSS GOES. :kiss2:

hello, I am Hilary from Australia. I am hoping to be banded in the near future and have my appt with the surgeon tomorrow. I have to lose about 30kg which is about 66lb I believe to get within a healthy range (but not at the old WW ideal weight). I am 49, work part time as a school counsellor and am studying this year part time also. I have a great supportive husband and three boys aged 11 19 and 21. I am looking forward to chatting to both experienced and inexperienced bandsters.:)

Hi Hilary, Im in Sydney - nice to meet you - im 47 and a homeschooling mum of 3 girls.

I have never heard of anyone having to lose 30 kilos before surgery that is alot.

I am hoping to go through surgery in the next 11 months.

I am looking around for a surgeon now.

Welcome to the forum - u will learn lots here and meet some wonderful people.

kind regards M

Hi Hilary,

I'm from Sydney and I also start my banding journey tomorrow. I have to see the practice nurse first and then the dietician and will see the surgeon in about 2 weeks. Where in Aus are you from and what surgeon are you seeing?

Hello Hillary,

Welcome To Lbt(lap Band Talk) This Is A Great Site For All Kind Of Info...hope You Enjoy It Here As Much As I Do...i Was Banded On 4/6/07 And Have Lost 53 Lbs...i Go This Morning For My 4th Fill....i Love The Band...i Am So Glad That I Had It Done...i Would Do It All Over Again...

Hi Hilary,

I'm from Sydney and I also start my banding journey tomorrow. I have to see the practice nurse first and then the dietician and will see the surgeon in about 2 weeks. Where in Aus are you from and what surgeon are you seeing?

wow 47 like me al the best kind regards m

Lovely to receive welcoming messsages and encouraging comments from you all - Lainie, Striver, Danna and Diann from Texas. I live in Adelaide South Australia and my surgeon is Dr Bessell. . It's going to be hot 32 deg celsius here and a bit windy today but still a lovely spring day.Hope you all have a great day. Hilary

Hi Hilary

Im jane from Queensland and have been banded for 5 days so doing the first week of liquids. You will find lots of people here to give you advice and support .

I assume the 30kg weight loss is with the band . Keep us posted how you go with the surgeon

Take care

Hi Hilary

Im jane from Queensland and have been banded for 5 days so doing the first week of liquids. You will find lots of people here to give you advice and support .

I assume the 30kg weight loss is with the band . Keep us posted how you go with the surgeon

Take care

Hi Jane, don't have a surgeons date yet. Have to wait till November to see him again. He wants me to not diet till I see him then but just eat my three meals a day. I am not supposed to weigh myself either.

How are you feeling? Are you getting hungry yet on the liquids? Are you moving around okay yet? Will be interested to hear about your journey.

Hilary

A big hello from Brisbane to Hilary and Jane!

Hi Chickie, wow you have done so well with that weight loss. Do you think you had a fairly smooth run with it? Are you exercising much? I hope in the not too distant future I will be able to boast of some weight loss too. How old are your children?

Hi Chickie, wow you have done so well with that weight loss. Do you think you had a fairly smooth run with it? Are you exercising much? I hope in the not too distant future I will be able to boast of some weight loss too. How old are your children?

Thank you!!

I think I have had a fairly smooth run of it. I haven't had any major problems, and my weight loss was fairly steady. I can't complain.

I do exercise daily. I run 5km a day during the week, and at this stage my Sunday run is an 8km. I do some weight training 2 or 3 times a week (I hate it, but it really is a must) and I do yoga 3 days a week during the school term.

I have a 10 year old son, but have my 10 year old nephew down from Caboolture for the rest of the school holidays, so my son is in heaven!!

I am feeling fine. In fact i have felt fine since the op, although I can't remeber much of the first day. liquids are going done fine. I think its all part of the brain and food connection but will say craving texture but do not really feel like food or best of all hungry .

Am moving pretty good although do find some parts of the day that I will just crash out on sofa. Am walking around house etc but will look at walking next week .

Keep us posted on how you are going.

Hey Hilary! Gladtameetcha! We are the same age and I have 3 chidren--17, 21 and 24! Welcome to the losers club! Having the Lap Band is a decision that has given me my life back and one that I thank God for every day!