Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

very disappointed

I went in for gastric sleeve surgery on 1/16. According to my surgeon everything was going to be fine. Woke up to find out that he couldnt complete the surgery. He says that he couldnt manouver the probes correctly and couldnt get to the upper part of my stomach. But that it had nothing to do with my liver. He is saying that i have to much fat on my abdomen and it made if difficult. My issue with this is the fact that it was a surprise that i carry my weight there. So could he not see that might be an issue once he got in there?. So now I am in pain, sore and having trouble eating for nothing. and Have to lose 50 to 75 more pounds before he can go back in. I feel very defeated. Between taking time off for you and getting things situated to be able to do this surgery. Now i have to go through it all again. If I choose to. I feel so embarrassed about this. I get to explain why I wont be out of work as long. and why I couldnt get the surgery. Just very discourging. Maybe i should just quit while im ahead.

Omg this breaks my heart for you. I'm very sorry. I wonder if this happens often? Not very encouraging words I know..I'm just kinda in shock because I have never heard of it.

~Ashley~

You don't have anything to be embarrassed about. Things happen. I get it's a huge letdown, but quitting seems counterintuitive to why you were going through all this in the first place. You're entitled to feel discouraged, but you're going to need to brush yourself off and keep moving forward. You can lose that 50 pounds! Try to think of it as a delay rather than an end.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I read a thread here just in the last week or so where the person went in for surgery and woke up with nothing done because of scar tissue. It happens.

I know the feeling. The day before surgery I was canceled because I had nicotine in system. Now I am having second thoughts about the whole process. Do people really understand how hard it is to kick 2habits at one time

Sent from my SM-S820L using the BariatricPal App

I know the feeling. The day before surgery I was canceled because I had nicotine in system. Now I am having second thoughts about the whole process. Do people really understand how hard it is to kick 2habits at one time

I don't think it's about people understanding, it's about your safety. It has to be incredibly hard. If you need more time to tackle your habits one at a time, then take it. But to second guess why you're doing any of it because your doctor wouldn't jeopardize your safety isn't logical.

Edited by clc9

Yes indeed... I surely do... to prepare for surgery, I went from smoking to vaping in November... and since then have lowered my vaping nicotine to just 3mg liquids... vaping so infrequently that I don't imagine I'll be doing it at all past the weekend... and then gave up soda in December and now the liver shrinking diet so I've given up carbs and a LOT of sugar. I've had headaches, nausea and more from detoxing. If I went through all this only to get cancelled before surgery on Wednesday I'll be VERY upset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I am vaporize 0 nicotine but I did not stop smoking until 12days before

So you stopped smoking 12 days before and it was still in your system?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Uhmm.. I did it.. I had to quit and be off for 2 months before they would let me begin any of the process I left his office January 28th after finding that out n quit February 4th cold turkey.. Finally had my surgery this past November..

Munky

First of all you have nothing to be embarrass about your health is very important and you diet and get the 50-75 lbs of and go back for the surgery you can do it. I am not one for sharing me business but September 3rd at the age of 49 I had a stroke I am legally blind us a cpap machine have muscle tightness in my right thigh when I walk but on January 13th I had the sleeve done at Southern Ocean Medical Center in New Jersey by Dr Grecco my starting wt was 322 lbs. Keep your head up and believe in yourself love you and all your love ones stay focas and choose LIFE you can DO IT.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

My problem now !! Nicotine

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App

Yes indeed... I surely do... to prepare for surgery, I went from smoking to vaping in November... and since then have lowered my vaping nicotine to just 3mg liquids... vaping so infrequently that I don't imagine I'll be doing it at all past the weekend... and then gave up soda in December and now the liver shrinking diet so I've given up carbs and a LOT of sugar. I've had headaches, nausea and more from detoxing. If I went through all this only to get cancelled before surgery on Wednesday I'll be VERY upset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Is vaping considered smoking if you Vape at 0mg

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App