Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is This Normal?

I,M 5 WEEKS POST BANDING SO NOT HAD MY FIRST FILL YET, MUSHY food AND liquid GOES DOWN GREAT BUT I HAVE A STRANGE FEELING IN MIDDLE OF CHEST LIKE I,V SWALLOWED A FOOTBALL:help: AND STRANGE FEELING IN MY THROAT! AND THIS IS PRE FILL REMEMBER:cry HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS?

I am 7 weeks post op and yes, I get the same feeling. I have done my best to stay on the soft diet. When I have eaten something that I am not supposed to, I feel like a swallowed a golf ball. It comes right back up. Just be careful that you are chewing very well and do not drink with your food. You will become aware of what you can and cannot eat.

The answer to your question is yes...I definately have had that feeling.

I,v Got This Feeling Even Without Eating Or Drinking, Don,t Have A Prob With Being Sick Though. Was Told This Was Just The Band Bedding In What Do You Think.

Hi:

I am seven weeks out. I haven't had a fill yet either. I got that feeling a couple of times when I didn't chew enough. It's not such a good feeling is it. :eek:I find that if I get up and walk around it seems to help. It's probably gravity helping the food go through the band.

Good luck.

Sue Magoo

Banded 07/26/07

H324/S287/C265/G160

I Didn,t Expect To Feel Restriction Yet As I Havn,t Had A Fill? Plus This Feeling Is There Long Before Or Long After food Or Drink?

I had the "heaviness" feeling and it scared me at first. I remember I needed to chew, chew, and chew some more. My doc warned me not to use a staw and no beef products. He said air (sucking thru straw) was not my friend in the belly. Beef would not breakdown as easy as other non-muscle meats. He also told me the inside took longer to heal and could get irritated easy. Really small bites helped, no fluids with meals and FOCUS on what you are putting in. Hope this makes sense...it helped me, alot.

You do have a certain amount of restriction merely from the band being in there. Also, some docs put a small fill in when they place the newer AP band. I'm almost three months out, haven't had a fill and I DO feel restriction.

HI ALLWRIGHT THANKS FOR THE ADVISE I THINK BECAUSE I HAVN,T HAD THE FILL YET AND I CAN EAT OK IT,S PROB MORE DIFFICULT:confused: AM DUE TO HAVE FIRST FILL IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS SO AM TRYING TO PRACTICE SMALL BITES NO drinks WITH MEALS AND SO ON BUT THINK TILL I FEEL RESTRICTION I WILL STRUGGLE:help: THAT,S WHY THIS SITE IS SO GOOD. CO,S WE ARE ALL GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING.

Hi Faithmd, Wow That,s News To Me About The Small Fill Some Docs Put In! It Makes Sense As I Do Feel Restriction And Am Not That Hungry. I Thought I Had Found Some Willpower Haha! Cheers For That

If it's just below your left breast, it's probably your port - that's where the fill is made. If it's in your throat or esophagus, maybe you should talk to your doctor.