Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared and excited and starving!

Hi guys--my name is Amanda. I'm 29 and it's been a long road to this point. I've battled my weight my whole life, and finally i'm here. My bypass is scheduled for this Saturday, December 10th. I'm super excited for the journey ahead, but since it's getting so close i'm feeling scared at the same time--just basically the fact that i have to have surgery...haha. Did you guys feel the same way before you had yours? I've read some posts here that kind of make me feel like i'm not the only one. AND...i'm on my pre-op liquid diet...which for me is only Protein Shakes, broth and clear liquids...and i'm STARVING!!

It'll be worth it, i know. :)

Thanks for listening & i wish all of you the best of luck!

I am right there with ya! 2 days into pre op diet and it's been hard! I have surgery on Dec 19th. Hang in there you are almost done with pre op. I get to have 1 meal and 2 shakes per day. Funny how everyone's diet is different. Good luck!! I will keep on touch so yiu can tell me what to expect!

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I am right there with ya! 2 days into pre op diet and it's been hard! I have surgery on Dec 19th. Hang in there you are almost done with pre op. I get to have 1 meal and 2 shakes per day. Funny how everyone's diet is different. Good luck!! I will keep on touch so yiu can tell me what to expect!

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Dec. 19th as well! Not too bad for day 2 so far. 2 shakes and 1 meal also. I am greatfull for that, my main meal has always been dinner meal so this will be a walk in the park. Also stopped the smokes on Sunday. Its been OK, I think about it but it is not pissing me off! I know the time will go fast and all will be real good.

December 19th 2016... I shall be Sleeved! Let the journey begin!!

Dana

Thank you all for responding! This all liquid is seriously horrible butttt yes, it'll be okay. Gotta stay strong. Like really strong, because this is rough. Hahaha. pizza sounds soooo good.

@@hectorlopez323 LOL! I watched that! I also watched the 2nd one. It sooo makes you want to juice, but clearly i'm not made for that. How did the 30 days go?

Really good. Lost a lot of inches off my stomach, thighs, neck decent amount of weight but it cost like 350 bucks to keep it up. Just couldn't afford it. First 5 days were toughest, wife tried it with me she lasted half a day haha.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

@@hectorlopez323 You are strong! I've made it to day 3! I've stayed on only liquids as my doc requested, today seems a little easier. I'm not as hungry and so far no headache. However...i have to say, if i wasn't almost forced to be on all liquids like this, i would likely be with your wife and not make it half a day. Hahahha.

@@Joules007 Yes, it's so exciting and so nerve wracking!! Good luck to you, we got this!

I saw that movie too it was crazy I felt bad for they guy who gained all his weight back. :(

@@hectorlopez323 You are strong! I've made it to day 3! I've stayed on only liquids as my doc requested, today seems a little easier. I'm not as hungry and so far no headache. However...i have to say, if i wasn't almost forced to be on all liquids like this, i would likely be with your wife and not make it half a day. Hahahha.

@@Joules007 Yes, it's so exciting and so nerve wracking!! Good luck to you, we got this!

Hahaha. I don't blame you. I just stubborn. I'm prepping myself mentally to be under a lot of pain and feel the worse case scenario. God willing I'll be expecting the worse but won't experience it. See this way even though it will be tough I'd already prepped myself for worse. You'll be fine amanda, you're a young woman; I have no doubt you'll bounce off this quicker than me. Keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App