Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6.5 pounds in 4 days!

On the liquid diet I have lost 6.5 pounds in 4 days, I know some of you have probably lost way more but on account I've been the same weight since August 2015, yes thats the correct year lol been the same weight for over a year, ive managed to only fluctuate by like 2 pounds but not actually keep losing so I'm so happy to see what the next 10 days bring and then also after surgery :) liquid diet sucks for sure, you may of seen the post i posted before about it but I'm beginning to see how beneficial it is not just to shrink liver but its teaching me I'm more head hungry then actually hungry! before I just ate cause I saw it and would think to myself I like how that item taste lets eat it! But now that I can't have all those yummy things I wish I could I'm not even hungry and all I'm eating is 2 Protein Shakes a day, a couple sugar free popsicles, 1-2 sugar free Jello, and a whole bunch of Water and crystal lights, but I'm not dying of hungry, I'm still wishing i could be eating all the food the rest of my family is because I'm seeing it and dreaming about how i know it taste so good haha but I'm not actually hungry for it

@ thank you!

How are you living off 400-500 calories a day?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Alot of people do! I only eat 200 calorie Breakfast and lunch (banana, egg then soup) and a 100 calorie evening meal most days.

I try to push more and occasionally hit 700 cals if my granddaughter gives me a chocolate button or two when playing.

But most days, 400 to 500 calories is my outcome. For the first three months it was 100 to 300, last three is 400 to 500, with 600 to 700 exception days.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm starting my liquid diet today..I'm going to try and stay positive...I feel like the lil train that could...lol

I can do it

I can do it...

We can do this!

well 7 pounds exactly now haha but @OutsideMatchInside I'm doing about 700-800 my Protein shakes are each 160 so 2 a day are 320 "I'm suppose to have 4 of them but it isn't happening" my yogurts are about 90-100 each depending on the flavor and thats 3 times a day so about 300 and then 2 Jello are 20 so there is 40 popsicles are 10 i have about 2 of those also so 20 then some broth which i don't count the calories cause its always home made but obviously there is some in there so I'm getting at least 680 calories not including the broth plus i do drink crystal lights and stuff which is 5-10 calories and sometimes i have about 5 of these

@@Mimiof3 YOU CAN DO IT!!!

@@sparkles83 thank you!

@@OhHeyMarina

Congratulations on your successful loss! Great job! That has to feel so fabulous! What is the name of the Protein shakes you are drinking, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by laurak814

i'm on the same time frame with everything as you and today i saw that i'm finally down 5 lbs in four days. but it's shark week sooooo... and that's probably not helping me feel completely opposite of you-- i'm actually quite hungry. like right now. i had my first shake at 7 and i'm already looking at the clock bc of how hungry i am. ugh. but i totally got this! it's hard but it's not impossible.

@@OhHeyMarina

Congratulations on your successful loss! Great job! That has to feel so fabulous! What is the name of the Protein shakes you are drinking, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you! And At first I was using cellecor mint chocolate chip and cinnamon swirl which are very tasty but by day 3 I was over them lol so yesterday I switched to Premier Protein in chocolate and bananas and cream! So I'll have 4 to switch from now over the next 10 days

i'm on the same time frame with everything as you and today i saw that i'm finally down 5 lbs in four days. but it's shark week sooooo... and that's probably not helping me feel completely opposite of you-- i'm actually quite hungry. like right now. i had my first shake at 7 and i'm already looking at the clock bc of how hungry i am. ugh. but i totally got this! it's hard but it's not impossible.

Haha I think what is helping me is that like I said earlier I'm suppose to do 4 Protein shakes but honestly by 2 I'm over it so I think I'm making myself not be hungry by knowing I don't wanna drink the rest of the shakes that day who knows! Lol like today's it's 10:30 am where I am and I haven't ate yet cause I don't want a shake lol

@@OhHeyMarina Hey girl, I too have noticed that going through this full liquid diet phase pre-op it is really almost all mental and emotional hunger rather than physical! After about day 4 I found I rarely feel "hungry" and I am much more satisfied with my Protein Shakes, yogurt, and SF pudding. This phase has caused me a lot more emotional ups and downs than anything, but I am really appreciating the process and it helps me better understand my dependence on food in my life for things outside of hunger and nutrition. You are doing amazing! Keep it up!

I am now on day 9 out of 14, it does get better! Just hang in there girl <3

Alot of people do! I only eat 200 calorie Breakfast and lunch (banana, egg then soup) and a 100 calorie evening meal most days.

I try to push more and occasionally hit 700 cals if my granddaughter gives me a chocolate button or two when playing.

But most days, 400 to 500 calories is my outcome. For the first three months it was 100 to 300, last three is 400 to 500, with 600 to 700 exception days.

And you are sick all the time. People that want to live have more calories. Your body can't function on that little.

Starvation is not health.

@@OhHeyMarina

Ahh I missed the yogurts.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@@kayshabear how many Protein Shakes did your surgeon say you needed a day?