Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm so confused at times if I'm doing the right things. I work with a couple of people who have had the same surgery so of course were always comparing. I'm the newbie of the group so I'm always asking questions. I'm 0 weeks post op and have list 45 pounds. One of the things I'm always questioning is the amount of food I'm consuming throughout the day. For the most part I try to weigh everything but there are times I can't. But I seem to always seem to want to eat about every 3 hours is that normal. I don't eat a lot but I'm always snacking on something primarily cheese. That's the other thing I have crazy cravings for coffee, cheese and sea food like shrimp or crab. Anyone else have crazy cravings since surgery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I eat 8 times per day -- about an hour and a half apart. Given the small amounts I can eat, and accounting for the 30 minutes dry period before/after drinking, it takes that long to get all of the Protein in. It ends up being 800-900 calories, less than 20 grams of carbs, and 90-100 grams of Protein when it's all said and done for the day.

The key is that you are meeting your protein and Water goals -- however that comes to be.

Well I'm pretty sure I'm meeting the Protein but not the Water. Even before surgery I was a horrible Water drinker. I really do try. I always have water at my desk but then come the end of the day and I realize I drank almost nothing

Well I'm pretty sure I'm meeting the Protein but not the Water. Even before surgery I was a horrible Water drinker. I really do try. I always have water at my desk but then come the end of the day and I realize I drank almost nothing

I'm not a fan of the water drinking, either. But I have 48 oz after the first time I eat and then another 48 oz after the second time (I allow a little more time between those meals to account for the drinking), and then I sip on and off the rest of the day. I just like getting as much of it out of the way in the morning as I can. I average about 120 oz per day.

Wow that's amazing. I'll need to try that. I just really makes my stomach hurt when I drink to much at one time. So it's slow slow sip sip l. Thanks for your feedback is appreciate it.

Wow that's amazing. I'll need to try that. I just really makes my stomach hurt when I drink to much at one time. So it's slow slow sip sip l. Thanks for your feedback is appreciate it.

My pleasure. Good luck!

I don't know what your nutritionalist said, but mine is ADAMANT about only eating 3 meals a day -- and not snacking throughout the day. The entire point of the sleeve is that it shrinks your stomach so you can only eat a little bit; if you're eating constantly throughout the day, you're basically undoing what it's done, because it doesn't limit your intake at all.

I'd definitely suggest cutting back to 3 meals a day plus MAYBE one snack. That seems to be standard with everyone I've spoken to, and every meal plan I've seen anywhere...

It'll also help with the Water, since you're not supposed to eat & drink at the same time. If you're always eating, how do you wait 30 min before/after eating?!

Edited by Brandeis

I don't know what your nutritionalist said, but mine is ADAMANT about only eating 3 meals a day -- and not snacking throughout the day. The entire point of the sleeve is that it shrinks your stomach so you can only eat a little bit; if you're eating constantly throughout the day, you're basically undoing what it's done, because it doesn't limit your intake at all.

I'd definitely suggest cutting back to 3 meals a day plus MAYBE one snack. That seems to be standard with everyone I've spoken to, and every meal plan I've seen anywhere...

It'll also help with the Water, since you're not supposed to eat & drink at the same time. If you're always eating, how do you wait 30 min before/after eating?!

My plan recommends having several small meals per day. It is all about meeting Protein and Water goals. In my experience, it would be next to impossible to get all of the Protein in by only eating 3 times.

Bottom line -- seek out guidance from your surgeon/nutritionist/etc. They know your situation better than anyone.

My instructions are to eat 5-6 small meals a day, Protein shakes can replace a meal, with my primary focus being Protein and Water. I'm able to eat slightly more than 1/4 cup of food at a time, at 3 months post.

What I do during the week is pack what I call my "feed bag" with easy to eat things that comprise all of my calorie allotment minus Breakfast and dinner in an insulated lunch bag. I have a notification on my phone to remind me to eat every 4 hours in case I forget (which I do frequently). When I get to feeling hungry, I pull something out and eat it. That way my total intake is measured but I don't have to worry overmuch about measuring each meal.

I keep my Water cup full with cold water, sometimes with flavoring to mix it up.

It's at home on the weekends where I still need work. I'll completely forget to eat for most of the day, and forget to drink water.