Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill next week

I was banded on 10/12/16 and will have my first fill on Tuesday 10/15/16 by the surgeon using a florascope. How will I know when I am in the green spot / sweet spot as I begin to get my fills? How much weight loss can I expect per week once in the sweet spot? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

It's impossible to generalise...Everyone is different & it depends on so many different factors...Calorie intake, activity levels, metabolism etc. Some people lose weight without ever having a fill others need several. It really is just a case of suck it & see. I'm afraid! That's the beauty of a band... it's adjustable.

Your surgeon should have a chart on how you should feel, when you are at the right spot with your fills. In general, you will fill up on small portions and not be hungry again until the next meal time and maybe not even then. You will have some discomfort when you eat certain foods (mostly breads, carbs, etc..). That is what helps me stay away from those unhealthy foods. And you will be losing weight!!!

I will say that even without a change in my fill, there are changes inexplicable changes my band restrictions at any given time. Sometimes I can eat more than other. There are certain foods that bother me on a certain day, but I will have no problems with the next time I try them. So, give it sometime to settle in before you decide if you need more or less.

Good Luck!

I get my first fill tomorrow:) when I had the opp they put 2mm in and the first 4 weeks where fine but now I feel like I'm eating to much. Spoke to dietary nurse yesterday and she said once I've had a few fill in will start feeling full after only a few mouth fulls. Looking forward to the results however I have lost 1 and half stone in the past 5 weeks

Sent from my SM-G925F using the BariatricPal App

I was one of those who needed several fills...

I was 9mnths post-op & countless adjustments before I finally got substantial weight loss & people started noticing

Until your green zone any weightloss will depend upon your own workout/eating regime

@@Treadmillwalker how did your first fill go?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for thinking of me. The doctor told me at my first fill on 11/15 that my band holds 10 cc. He put in 3 cc. I go for my second fill on 12/29. I am not feeling too much restriction so I'm consciously tracking calories. The doctor said it may take 3 to 5 fills. How are you??

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

Edited by Treadmillwalker

Well I'm starting solid foods and I have no restriction. However I get hiccups after a few bites. So I try to stop then. I know any weight loss is just pure determination because I feel like I could eat anything. I'm excited to get my first fill Monday. But I feel like I've gained weight. Trying to not be discouraged but I want to see the scale move in the other direction. Good luck on your next fill. I should find out more about mine. Not sure how much my holds or if there is any Fluid inside mine when I was banded.

Well I'm starting solid foods and I have no restriction. However I get hiccups after a few bites. So I try to stop then. I know any weight loss is just pure determination because I feel like I could eat anything. I'm excited to get my first fill Monday. But I feel like I've gained weight. Trying to not be discouraged but I want to see the scale move in the other direction. Good luck on your next fill. I should find out more about mine. Not sure how much my holds or if there is any Fluid inside mine when I was banded.

Please let me know how it goes. I am sending positive energy to you. Yes, I feel like right now it is pure determination that is getting me through too. I feel the band was the best decision for me, and I look forward to when I experience more restriction. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

Everyone is different....

My first fil was 5 weeks after surgery, for 4cc's....2nd fill was 4 weeks after that.

After my first and before my second, I gained most of the weight from pre-surgery back.

I was frustrated, fortunately my Dr. laughed and again explained to me the process.

It took me a 3 good fil's until I hit the Green Zone, and then the weight started to consistently come off.

I know people who have not had a fil for over a year and was successful losing weight. Just the mere presence of the band was all that was needed.

How are you doing Banded_Beauty? I was banded on Nov 21st.. lost 11 lbs in two weeks but now onto my 21st day and not losing.. maybe even gaining a bit back.. going for my first fill on Dec 20 th and really looking forward to it.. I'm worried that I am eating too much right now

Hi @@jcordova204 doing good but pretty much maintaining my weight. Haven't lost anymore. I feel like most of the time I can eat anything I want. I go back Dec 27th for my second fill. I hope that is my green zone but idk. Sometimes I feel like I can eat like normal and I'm not careful with it. I don't intentionally test my band but I worry I over load it. I think most people are sticking to low carb. I'm just trying to get thru day by day because I have very little support at home.

LapBand ~ November 1, 2016