Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous, two weeks post op and emerging pain

Fortunately I see the surgeon today for my two week follow up however as of yesterday, I started having a increased mild to moderate left sided pain... feels kinda muscular though... just the same, I'm nervous... I also had a episode of chills last night with freezing feet and hands. No fever on thermometer so that's good. The pain has awaken me from my sleep in the night and when I find the most painful area and palpate, it's really sore with minimal pressure! I'm so nervous that something serious is wrong. I'm just two weeks post op and got off the extra surgery pain meds about three days ago.

Any thoughts??

I'm a little similar, just seen my surgeon. He said the left side hurts more and for longer. Try not to worry yourself to much, I'm sure your surgeon will put your mind as ease when you see them :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Surgeon ordered stat blood work and a ct scan with and with out contrast...so fun to drink contrast fluid!! Guess I will meet my Fluid requirements today!!! Ughhhhhhhh hopefully, it's nothing and a fact that I've been overdoing it with walking but I'm glad he's taking me seriously...still wish I wasn't needing all of these test!!

Fortunately I see the surgeon today for my two week follow up however as of yesterday, I started having a increased mild to moderate left sided pain... feels kinda muscular though... just the same, I'm nervous... I also had a episode of chills last night with freezing feet and hands. No fever on thermometer so that's good. The pain has awaken me from my sleep in the night and when I find the most painful area and palpate, it's really sore with minimal pressure! I'm so nervous that something serious is wrong. I'm just two weeks post op and got off the extra surgery pain meds about three days ago.

Any thoughts??

Me too. I had same pains. DOC said it was normal. Im 2 weeks post op... im feeling a little better.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

How did it go

drama.. had a allergic reaction to the contrast despite having contrast many times before...strange

All that for nothing which is good but still in pain... nothing abnormal..theory is I've been walking to much and pushing myself to hard daily being post op two weeks been walking nearly an hour on flat ground mostly at stores slowly but guess to much and they feel I pulled a muscle and need to pull back on the walking

Yep i pulled a muscle to and boy was it sore in there. I was worried. I got a big internal bruise and everything. Hope you feel better. Doc took me off all narcotics due to vertigo. I do feel better but not losing still has me sad. I am so proud your walking so much. I just now started walking every night

I'm glad nothing was abnormal. I had the same issue a week after surgery and wound up back in the hospital with an episode of diverticulitis. Not sure if you are having bowel movements but, if you are backed up and still have that pain it might be worth asking.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

bhmm, that's disconcerting, I am struggling with a lot of Constipation bahhh well I will see if the pain goes away soon...

Yep i pulled a muscle to and boy was it sore in there. I was worried. I got a big internal bruise and everything. Hope you feel better. Doc took me off all narcotics due to vertigo. I do feel better but not losing still has me sad. I am so proud your walking so much. I just now started walking every night

sovglad your improving!! Hugd

I had pain as well...like I had done a million sit ups....mine was more soreness in my abdomen I guess. Glad to hear everything checked out ok!

I had pain like that 4 weeks out, had to have ct scan also (only made me drink 1 cup of fluid) and turns out hematoma due to doing to much. Out of work another 2 weeks. Can't walk as much as before as pulls when walking and hard time sleeping pulls when I move too much. Got abdominal binder which works well. Glad wasn't too bad for you. Hope your recovery is fast

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App