Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Las Vegas sleevers?

Dr. L did my lap band 4 years ago I wish I would have looked into other options because I was scheduled to do the sleeve but then they told me my insurance was not covering the surgery about 2 months into the process therefore my options were limited and I had to cash pay so I did the Lap-Band it has now slipped and caused major complications! I am going to Blossom Bariatric and having a revision to sleeve l. I liked Dr. L I just think I had other options to pick from but was vulnerable and desperate for anything kind of my fault I guess ..lap band was 9 grand and I was able to make payments with no interest and the sleeve was 17,000 cash no payments. Blossom is 12,500. Everyone has a different story they weren't to bad at oband center just felt alittle cheated. I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you will be in great hands!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I do think the sleeve is a much much better choice than the Lap-Band some people have great success with it but unfortunately it was not one of them, I'm looking forward to having the revision done so you'll have to let me know how you are doing!

I was surprised by how quick my insurance approved it, for that I am grateful. But I still had to do a 6 month diet before they would approve. Once they submitted for approval, it was approved and my surgery date was set within 2 weeks. They just called me last Monday, the 31st and my surgery is tomorrow, the 8th! I am so scared, but thankful I haven't had too much time to freak out. I will give you an update from the other side! :) So sorry to hear about the band!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

My surgery date is tomorrow! I am pretty much freaking out! Any of Dr. Lyas patients on here? Or anyone in the Las Vegas area?

I hope all is well. I have my surgery with Blossom Bariatrics here in Las Vegas in December.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I was surprised by how quick my insurance approved it, for that I am grateful. But I still had to do a 6 month diet before they would approve. Once they submitted for approval, it was approved and my surgery date was set within 2 weeks. They just called me last Monday, the 31st and my surgery is tomorrow, the 8th! I am so scared, but thankful I haven't had too much time to freak out. I will give you an update from the other side! :) So sorry to hear about the band!

Hi, Its your surgery day!!!! Hope all is going well!!!!

My surgery date is tomorrow! I am pretty much freaking out! Any of Dr. Lyas patients on here? Or anyone in the Las Vegas area?

I hope all is well. I have my surgery with Blossom Bariatrics here in Las Vegas in December.

My surgery date is set for December 16th with blossom, if all goes as planned.. fingers crossed!!!!!

Awesome, I will probably see you there!!!!!

I made it through! Today I am 4 days post op. I am not going to lie, the first two days SUCKED big time! Of course everyone is different, but for me it was awful. The anesthesia and gas made me so sick. I obviously didn't have anything in my stomach to throw up so I dry heaved for two days straight. I couldn't even keep ice chips down and the retching made my incisions feel like they were ripping. I couldn't take any pain meds because that made me throw up. So needless to say from the moment I woke up in recovery til two days ago I was wondering what the heck I did to myself! Yesterday was a huge improvement and today is even better! I am so glad I went through with it, and very thankful the worst is over. It is pretty difficult to get the 64 ounces of Water and the 100 grams of Protein down. Thursday I got about 8 ounces of Water in all day. Yesterday I got almost 30, so it's improving. I have lost about 14 pounds since Tuesday, most of which was probably water weight but I will take it! Good luck to all of you! Don't let my story scare you away, it was completely worth it and everyone is different. The 5 other people that were sleeved the same day as me didn't have any of the nauseousness that I had. It was just my body's reaction to anesthesia. I am feeling so much better and ready to get this journey started!

I'm glad you are doing well that is great!!! My date changed to the 13th of Dec, 2 week pre op diet starts on the 30th that's the nerve racking part lol.....

My doctor only required me to do Clear liquids the day before surgery. It was both a blessing and curse. I see all of these posts where they got such a great head start from the preop diet and had already lost 15 or more pounds before surgery. Think of it as a head start to your new future and you will do great!

I too live in Las Vegas... I have just started with the required 3 month supervised diet, so I have a little ways to go before I have a surgery date set. Best of luck to everyone.

I too live in Las Vegas... I have just started with the required 3 month supervised diet, so I have a little ways to go before I have a surgery date set. Best of luck to everyone.

Congratulations! It will go by super quick! I am exactly 4 weeks post op. I had to do a 6 month supervised diet. This has been the best decision of my life! Who is your doctor?

Congratulations! It will go by super quick! I am exactly 4 weeks post op. I had to do a 6 month supervised diet. This has been the best decision of my life! Who is your doctor?

Dr James Atkinson of the Surgical Weight Control Center.

Edited by AC8311

Dr James Atkinson of the Surgical Weight Control Center.

I was going with them.. But was told they have surgery wont have dates as far out as into the fall of 2017 ... Ugh