Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I recently began the informational process here at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. I found out I need to do the 6 month surgery, someone mentioned to me that Mexico was also a good idea to look into. Any ideas where to start looking for more information on surgeons in Mexico? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had my surgery with Dr. Ariel Ortiz 6 years ago. My daughter, who is a gastroenterologist hand picked him for me because my insurance wouldn't pay for VSG at the time. She knew of him through some colleagues in the international medical community. Great care, no complications, easy recovery and outstanding results.

I'm sure the choices are endless, so good luck with your decision. But I definitely recommend following up with the local bariatric groups in your area. I found the postop support from other patients going through the same thing to be very helpful.

Edited by Dairymary

Check out all the bariatric pal surgeons they have several choices for you. I had my surgery through them and could not be happier. They take such great care of you that I remember the whole thing as much as a wonderful vacation as a trip for surgery.

Please don't go thru BELITE!! My hubby had surgery there last June. The Hospital leaves a lot to be desired. the video that was sent to us before was a lie!! We were supposed to be in a Suite but ended up in a small room where I had to sleep on a hard window seat cushion. There was just one nurse that used the hand sanitizer. The nurses didn't wear gloves AT ALL!!! We never received a discharge paperwork. He originally went for the RNY so everything had to pay cash up front was no biggy. When they got in to do the RNY they couldn't due to his right side was all scar tissue. So he did the Sleeve on him. Which we both were fine with. We had a refund coming because the RNY was more money. They were pretty fast doing that. When we complained about the things that happened in Mexico we were told that this was an ongoing problem!! So WHY didn't they put that in their paperwork. We also had to bring in $50.00 cash for his pain medication, which was a joke!! We just aren't very happy with the whole set up. This was in Juarez, Mexico. Since then we have seen others that have gone to Tijuana. Mexico and have had great experience"s. Just wanted to let you know so you can research the best fit for you. Good Luck

Just one important thing, YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR OWN WASH CLOTHS.

Dr. Illan / BariatricPal are amazing! Even if the cost was equivalent in the US, I would still go back and have surgery with Dr. Illan. The BariatricPal team is with you at every step to help with anything I needed. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have my surgery on July 8th in juarez with Dr Rodriguez, my husband then went and had the surgery in September along with my brother in law. We all had great experiences. We were treated exceptionally well. I have never had a dr. In the states come to my room multiple times to make sure all was ok. But the Dr's in juarez did just that. The videos I saw were exactly the same as when we got there. Even the pictures I looked up on line myself were the same. The facilitators from belite have been super. I can text or call them with any simple question and they respond instantly. They text and call to check in with us all the time. I could not have asked for a better experience. I would definitely recommend belite and Dr Rodriguez and his team. I did not have negative experiences with unsanitary nurses.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App