Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smmoookkkiiinnnn!

We fired up the smoker today and have a little bit of fun with pork and salmon. The first thing I did was this pork loin. It is a real simple apple wood smoke and I drizzled it with about a quarter of a cup of honey.

2016-09-18%2018.03.40_zpsdpc9qf4w.jpg

2016-09-18%2018.03.10_zpszblz463w.jpg

Next up salmon smoking time! This is a very simple brine of brown sugar and salt. Once again they were smoked with apple wood and honey.

This one is my brother-in-law's. As you can see it isn't a pretty chrome color and the flesh reflects that.

IMG_20160905_074737465_zpsufrkgrag.jpg

My beautiful wife caught this one! Beautiful coloring means beautiful meat!

IMG_20160908_103614089_zpsu6zlfk6s.jpg

20160918_173037_zpstzwolp2r.jpg

2016-09-18%2019.19.02_zpsmca3kkmi.jpg

Valentina, I know that you are going to see these fillets and you'll cry. Don't worry, I have officially handed over the fillet knife to Mrs. Fat Man!

My next striped bass, I want smoked. Yummy!

Crying??? Hell, I've gone way beyond that!!! I'm weeping and waling!!!!!

You gave the knives over to your wife while you're still calling her, "Mrs Fat Man"?

Too bad you two fisherpeople live on the "wrong" side of the country. :)

My brother-in-law took a frozen ham from here through the airport to Chicago. Get yourself a fish and a plane ticket and come on out to Oregon!

I figured that I can call her damn near anything after her being pregnant and then having problems with milk production after my son was born. I was on the phone talking to my sister and she asked how it was going and I explained that Jeanna was like a regular heifer! She said oh God don't tell her that! I said that I already had. I guess that makes Mrs. Fat Man easy to swallow...

My brother-in-law took a frozen ham from here through the airport to Chicago. Get yourself a fish and a plane ticket and come on out to Oregon!

Don't you have any fish out there??? ;)

You could join Dub and myself for surf fishing 101. When? don't know. Where? haven't a clue.

Just knowing that he knows NOTHING about surf fishing makes if fun to think about ... :)

I figured that I can call her damn near anything after her being pregnant and then having problems with milk production after my son was born. I was on the phone talking to my sister and she asked how it was going and I explained that Jeanna was like a regular heifer! She said oh God don't tell her that! I said that I already had. I guess that makes Mrs. Fat Man easy to swallow...

I'm rather surprised that she isn't "Widow Fat Man".

Be NICE to your baby's mamma. It's not easy pulling a Rottweiler through a knothole.

The salmon is gorgeous! I got over carbs and sugar months ago in this pre-op diet. It's salmon that I am going to miss for a few weeks after the surgery. It will be happily re-integrated into my diet as soon as my new tummy will tolerate it.

The wife out fishes me every single dang time!

The last cast of the day and I brought in the rainbow on the bottom. Jeanna sets her pole down on the dock with the spinner just about a foot in the Water and she caught the one with the dollar bill on it. Look at how much fatter that beautiful rainbow is than mine. Of course it is longer too!

Campingtrout.jpg

Crying??? Hell, I've gone way beyond that!!! I'm weeping and waling!!!!!

You gave the knives over to your wife while you're still calling her, "Mrs Fat Man"?

Too bad you two fisherpeople live on the "wrong" side of the country. :)

She has guns and arrows too!

Walther P22's (we bought his and hers for our first anniversary)

BonnieParker.jpg

1911 .45 ACP

20130504_173654_zps50bfea0e.jpg

.17 HMR

20130504_165659_zpsc3192acd.jpg

Getting ready to clean after an afternoon of shooting

20140907_125733_zps0bwvwfzl.jpg

Jeanna sighting in her Howa .270 Winchester before hunting season last year.

20140907_172509_zpsguf8rdtj.jpg

Archery practice in our front yard.

20141012_173435_zpsgols0ddn.jpg

One of her split arrows.

20150103_112911_zps12yphk3f.jpg

Another afternoon of shooting. I believe that this was when I got my .38 special.

2015-01-24%2011.44.31_zpsisxorrvw.png

Teaching Casey to count one 9mm round at a time.

20150124_145924_zpsmslmbdbp.jpg

Some people would call this an "assault rifle" it's just a .22.

2015-02-16%2020.36.03_zpspvbtf0ml.png

I may as well trust her with a fillet knife and she has access to all of the above or do what is being done in the pictures below. Yes that's correct that is my sweetie with a plasma cutter. If I want my truck and do a couple thousand pieces all it would take would be for me to piss her off right!

20150607_190943_zpsgdiwxjbf.jpg

20150607_170043_zpsynzpgu5u.jpg

@

Where do you live in OR? I live in Boise now, but lived most of childhood and teens in Oregon.

The wife out fishes me every single dang time!

The last cast of the day and I brought in the rainbow on the bottom. Jeanna sets her pole down on the dock with the spinner just about a foot in the Water and she caught the one with the dollar bill on it. Look at how much fatter that beautiful rainbow is than mine. Of course it is longer too!

Campingtrout.jpg

The last time I saw something that had money on it and smelled like fish, there was a 2 drink minimum. :)

Out Freakingstanding thread !!!!

Killer salmon that has to be much tastier than the stuff I'm getting in the stores.

Got a couple 1911's, too. Fun shooting them.....gotta love the sweet single action trigger.

Great thread !!!!