Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suffolk County Walkers and Support Group

Hi,

My name is Laney and I am a month post op today and I had my surgery done at Stony Brook. Since I started my pre liquid diet a month ago and now on soft foods I have lost 35 pounds.

So, I am looking for fellow Suffolk County Long Islanders that are veterans or new to Gastric Sleeve Surgery. That would like to start up a walking group and a support group to help us all with our journey to a healthier you. We can discuss any issue we may be having and exchange recipes or ideas that have helped others.

If interested let me know. I live in the Huntington area.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi! I also live in Suffolk county! I've been looking for someone local! I'm glad I finally found someone

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I am so glad you responded. I did look into groups from Long Island on this site but the conversations were from a few years ago. So, I decided to start a new one to get support and give support. It has been rough road but all worth it. I work during the day but looking to walk with someone or even join a gym it would be easier to exercise with someone else that nows what you are going through also.

I live in the Huntington area if you like we can meet someplace between you and I to chat one day.

Laney

Hi! I also live in Suffolk county! I've been looking for someone local! I'm glad I finally found someone

Hi lizzied504

Sorry, it has been a while, but went back to work and it was a week from he--. Liked being off but still have one child to get through college then I can hopefully retire LOL.....

How are you doing? would you like to meet up one day and walk Or just discuss how we are both doing?

Hope all is going well for you