Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who knew that low fat cottage cheese was such a delicacy! Five days post op GBRNY plus hiatal hernia repair for good measure.

I feel great today. Got cleaned up and went to Breakfast with friends. Was going to try a scrambled egg but cold sounded better than hot. So glad I skipped the bite of toast I was coveting. I'm trying to focus on eating as an event,celebrating the food that I eat

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How are you eating five days post op? Aren't you on a liquid diet phase day 1-7 then puréed food day 8-14? And that's only if you can get in 60 oz of liquids per including three Protein shakes. Toast? Are you kidding me, that would get logged so fast in your pouch and not go down no matter how much butter you had on it. What post op diet are you on ? Remember you are still healing and had major reconstructive surgery. Sure the meds can make anyone feel great and so does the anesthesia that is still wearing off. Just be careful is all I am saying.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Keep in mind that every surgeon has a different post op plan and hers might include soft foods like cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. And who knows.....toast might be on there too! Or bacon and oreos......like I have seen others post about.

And cottage cheese...I still eat it nearly daily.

Toast was NOT in my plan at 5 days out. Toast WAS in my plan at 3 months out.

Remind me, did she say she ate toast in her original post?

I believe she said she had a scrambled egg. I was eating scrambled eggs at 5 days out (very loose scrambled eggs), because it was in my plan.

Everyone's plan is different. I'm over a year out, have made goal, and have maintained my weight loss. How she eats, how you eat and how I eat is gonna look very different.

Just because someone's plan doesn't look like yours, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Wow! Didn't mean to cause an upset. My diet per my surgeon was to stay with clear liquid if nausea was an issue. If no nausea, I could advance to thicker liquids then soft mushy foods. Please note I did NOT eat any toast.

I have fought with diabetic gastroparesis for over a year and my physicians are well aware of my ability to know my body and what it will and won't tolerate. Yes, I had the same gastric bypass RNY, yes I will lose weight, yes I expect to have different dietary needs.

I am two weeks post op and am thrilled with how things are progressing. I haven't had pain meds since discharge from the hospital. I am able to get my Protein shakes and Water requirements most days.

After vomiting pretty much everyday for over a year, three bites of cottage cheese seemed like a huge victory.

Each of our journeys is unique, both before surgery and after. This board is a great place to Celebrate the small victories and milestones AND to ask for support and encouragement when things are not meeting our expectations.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App