Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi..im a newbie here. Trying to figure out how this app works. I had gastric 8 yrs ago..lost 160 lbs first year..been maintaining. Use to exercise A LOT but moving to a small town 5 yrs ago pushed me back because i dont know anyone here and no support/buddy system. Heres a before and after picpost-296949-14693891910167_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using the BariatricPal App

Welcome! I always prefer to use the site on my computer rather than the phone app, as the phone app has always been weirdly organized and buggy for me. You might find that a bit easier, if that's an option. Good to have you here. :)

@@karendoyle the good news is, I hear there are major updates coming to the app soon, so it's probably going to be far better and easier than the last time I tried to use it. :)

Hello to all I am also new here I am pre op I go in to meet my surgeon tomorrow hoping he gives me a surgery date I have been working with dietitian and psychologist for the last three months and have lost 23 lbs may not sound like a lot but it has been a milestone for me at 56 yrs old I am getting excited about my new journey and scared at the same time. :)

Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my LGMS345 using the BariatricPal App

Welcome! You look fantastic!

Congrats on the big lose Awareness I pray this will get easier for you remember the struggles we go through just make us stronger I have faith in you you have come this far

Well I met with my surgeon today he stated if all goes well I may get a Christmas present I have three more dietitian appointments and to continue to loose weight on my own and next month I am schedule to have a scope down throat into belly because of all the years I suffered from GERD and to check out hernia he stated he did not want any surprises

Edited by ItsMeBirdie

Thank you Birdie . It is all worth the journey and glad your surgeon is making sure there are no surprises mine did too and I feel it adds to our success. So far so good and I am very glad I made this decision my only regret is that I should have made it years ago.

Yes that was what he was explaining to me he wanted to make sure of size and where exactly it was and they want to check my esophagus because I have chronic GERD I prayer that it does not interfere with my surgery. Thank you for your comments and support I know you are happy acid reflex is horrible. I really like this program they cover everything including your mind setting you up for success the only thing I don't like is that it takes such a long time

WELCOME!!! Just hang around this site, read, and ask questions. Send friendship requests and chat with others. We are here too, have a great weekend! :-)

Hi..im a newbie here. Trying to figure out how this app works. I had gastric 8 yrs ago..lost 160 lbs first year..been maintaining. Use to exercise A LOT but moving to a small town 5 yrs ago pushed me back because i dont know anyone here and no support/buddy system. Heres a before and after picattachicon.gifPhotoGrid_1424912180732.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using the BariatricPal App