Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Must resist

I started a new job and I am really enjoying it. Great commute, nice people, fairly low stress work. But.....there is always junk food!!!!

There is a table close to my cubicle that is the community table where people put food. In the three weeks I've been here there has been pizza three times, a giant chocolate cake, a box full of mini bags of chips, donuts, Cookies, Bagels, cup cakes and bags of microwave popcorn. It has been so hard not to chow down on all these slider foods but I've only had one mini bag of veggie straws. Everyone is like come on have some.

Other than that I am really liking the new job (just wish it paid a little more)

@@Sophie74656

Can you possibly walk a different way to avoid even knowing it is there?

What seems to work for me is I convince myself that certain foods taste horrible and feel worse in my tiny tummy.

Trust me, I swear my husband goes to McDonald's every single day. I use to love McDonald's and now just the smell of it turns my stomach and makes it very easy to say no dear, I don't want anything.

I play tricks with my brain every single day.

I also like to imagine certain foods taste awful or are super greasy and this seems to work. Avoiding the communal food table can be tricky.

Imagine that someone has touched the communal food and table without washing hands after going to restroom. And they all have strep....

Imagine that someone has touched the communal food and table without washing hands after going to restroom. And they all have strep....

yes, yes!! I was going to say that you should imagine that someone sneezed all over the food...or worse, licked it all. Really...it's a head game and anything goes. I swear...that's what I do when I walk into the kitchen and something yummy is sitting there.

Mind games here too. But never ever contribute to the communal table and after a while you might feel a little guilty if you even taste stuff., you know how people can be in a work/social setting....I know that's what I plan to do this year when we go back to school, everyone signs up for Breakfast once or twice a year, I'm out this year by choice. Good luck, its a definite challenge.

Maybe "someone" or a few "someones" could make sure that there is always a healthy choice put on the table.

Be competitive and see "who" can make the prettiest---most delicious--healthiest snack.

It will give everyone another choice.

It could be fun

It could make a much healthier place to work.

Just bring your fresh, quality cheese, meat, vegetables, and fruit. Use a real table cloth and napkin, and dine for your meals and breaks. Maybe they will be jealous of your food. Or, not but you will be the winner anyway.

I noticed the other day that although the smells of things can make my mouth Water, of late, the reality of the taste is entirely different. Nothing tastes as good as it smells and the disappointment is helping me not even try things. (This has probably been going on for a while, but I just made the cognitive connection on Monday) Its much easier now to convince myself that the reality isn't going to be nearly as good as I think so passing on the food is more likely to happen. Mind games.

pam

I fully understand your frustration. I have to walk past a department that has the same food area constantly, and 3 snack machines to get to the Finance area in my plant. No way around it.

Thankfully, after the coming back to work a couple weeks after WLS, my sugar cravings are gone, and these areas no longer have the strong magnetic pull they used to.

I know for a fact that someone has had sex on the lunchroom table. Picture food on that...

I know for a fact that someone has had sex on the lunchroom table. Picture food on that...

It was YOU, wasn't it??? I KNEW IT! ;)