Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I have been discharged from hospital yesterday I have had a small amount of yogurt today with the recommended half orange juice and Water taken my soft Vitamins before surgery I liked my Protein Shakes with milk but now they are making me feel sickly has anyone got any advice for these early days I feel I made the right decision having surgery but just am worried that I may start off on the wrong foot now at the beginning

Michael.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App

Hydration is #1... easiest way to end up back in the hospital is not drinking enough. Nausea will subside and some hunger will come back as you heal. Just stick with the plan from your nut and try and get your Protein in.

Are you on Clear Liquids or full liquids? What does your post-op plan say you can have? Usually you can have Water (flavored), decaffeinated tea, broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello. I would avoid orange juice unless told specifically to have it - it has alot of sugars. Try a clear Protein Drink like Isopure instead of milky. Congrats and good luck!

Lots of Water at this stage!!! Stay hydrated big time. Your tastes will change for a bit and then regulate back to normal at some point for sure. I know that when I got home from the hospital, my nausea went away as soon as I stopped taking pain meds. Best of luck!! Oh, and chicken broth is very helpul at this stage if you like savory.

Would be interesting to know what your discharge orders were? Did you have RNY or sleeve? Based on my doc directions (surgerys and docs so different) 64 oz of liquid is criticle. Homemade chicken broth saved me! I would be concerned about that OJ, unless you were told to do it. This is a good forum, great feedback here. Best of luck, you're going to do great!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My nut suggested making mint infused Water to help with nausea... You could infuse Water with almost anything you think would add a flavor...half orange juice/ half water is very specific there must have been a reason for that direction....add some cinnamon to the Protein shake it's good for blood sugars and changes the taste, you could add it in or sprinkle it on top...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App