Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, help, help - preop diet failure

I am scheduled for the 31st and was supposed to lose 10 pounds. Instead I am quickly gaining it!!! Agh!!! I can't seem to get it together. Any advice?

I am scheduled for the 31st and was supposed to lose 10 pounds. Instead I am quickly gaining it!!! Agh!!! I can't seem to get it together. Any advice?

LIZ1531

What does your pre-op diet consist of??? Can you call your doctor and get it modified so that you can stick to it.

Mine was oatmeal a.m. lunch Protein shake - dinner Protein Soup.. I couldn't stick to is (my dr provides all preop food and they were out of a lot so what I had i didn't like) So I called them and asked if i could have fish and a small salad for dinner - they said yes just stay away from the carbs - so i was able to deal with it - but again i only had 7 days - then the last 2 days prior to surgery i had to do Clear liquids only - failed on one day but was nervous the day before so it didn't bother me (nerves are the only time i don't eat)

Call your doctor and see what you can do - Good Luck:D

LIZ1531

What does your pre-op diet consist of??? Can you call your doctor and get it modified so that you can stick to it.

Mine was oatmeal a.m. lunch Protein shake - dinner Protein soup.. I couldn't stick to is (my dr provides all preop food and they were out of a lot so what I had i didn't like) So I called them and asked if i could have fish and a small salad for dinner - they said yes just stay away from the carbs - so i was able to deal with it - but again i only had 7 days - then the last 2 days prior to surgery i had to do Clear Liquids only - failed on one day but was nervous the day before so it didn't bother me (nerves are the only time i don't eat)

Call your doctor and see what you can do - Good Luck:D

My preop is two shakes (one Breakfast and one lunch) and a prepackaged meal for dinner. I made it until 12 yesterday w/ just the shake and then ate everything I could get my hands on. I have the feeling like I will never eat again and have been on a binge fest since my surgery date was confirmed. Can anyone please help?

This is my first post. I am scheduled for banding on the 17th. Tonight is my seminar. I am on day 3 and barely can get two slim fasts down. They are gross. I don't like milk, so it is difficult. My stomach hurts of hunger and I am beginning to feel weak, but I really want to suceed at this. Any one else have this problem? My doc said 4 slim fasts per day and any non-calorie drinks I want? Was any one else placed on this?

This is my first post. I am scheduled for banding on the 17th. Tonight is my seminar. I am on day 3 and barely can get two slim fasts down. They are gross. I don't like milk, so it is difficult. My stomach hurts of hunger and I am beginning to feel weak, but I really want to suceed at this. Any one else have this problem? My doc said 4 slim fasts per day and any non-calorie drinks I want? Was any one else placed on this?

Angeleyes32 - That's a DIFFICULT pre-op diet - I really don't know what to tell you except maybe call your doctor and tell him that you won't successed on this diet - could it be modified so that you would succeed instead of fail...

Mine was oatmeal am - shake lunch - awful Soup for dinner and 2 Protein bars (great) for Snacks. I could not manage this - I called my doc and asked if I could have fish & salad for dinner. They said yes as long as i controled my portions and stayed away from carb.

So with the modified pre-op diet i was able to succes - (did cheat once) but had Clear Liquids only 2 days pre-op and a colon cleanse :)

It's funny how every doctor is different in the pre & post op instructions...

:girl_hug:Good Luck

I'm There with you, My doctor has put me on the after surgery plan, cream Soup, cream of wheat and jello(no protein) diet 2 weeks before, I am in pre-op diet hell, of all the plans, all the diets in my life this is the absolute worst, I know that my liver needs to be reduced, but this is bad. I keep klinging to the fact that this is temporary, I have a calender and mark an x through each night that I make it and count the days till surgery(august 23rd). I know that after surgery your stomach will be smaller and it will not bother me like it is now. However for now, we live in diet hell! I also have kept in mind all of the post op horror stories and I know I want to give myself the best chance of quick and uncomplicated recovery. that is what is getting me through!

Well, I am with you. Today is the first day of my pre-op hell.My whole family has been warned that I am grouchy. I too realize this is only temporarily, but I know this is going to be a lllooonnnggg week. My date is on the 20th and it can't get here fast enough so I don't have to endure the hunger. This will make us stronger, right?

new2tch

I did Optifast for 2 weeks pre-op and the days 1-3 were the worst then I wasn't hungry anymore but I did lots of things with my shakes, the best one is take your Protein liquid - vanilla slim fast or whatever and pour it in a blender - add some sugar free Jello, to taste, add ice and blend - it is great. I expected to loose a great amount of weight but only lost 8# but I made it through and have sailed through the surgery and now have lost a total of 24# and will be 3 weeks on Monday.

Hang in there - IT IS WORTH IT :)

I am on a 2 week liquid only diet and it has been eight days and I can honestly say I haven't cheated once. Not a drop of food. I Even sat with my kids while they ate McDonalds (that was the hardest thing ever) But, after the third and fourth days, it gets easier. I can have Water, crystal light, Soup broth, no sugar added hot chocolate, no sugar added carnation instant breakfast (mix them together, its great), no sugar added italian ice, popsicles and fudgsicles. Hope this helps.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

GOOD LUCK