Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kept up with the kids...

It has been raining where I live for the last 3 days. My kids were totally over being inside, so I took them to a family fun center indoor playground. They had a blast and I TOTALLY KEPT UP WITH THEM! I was climbing up the 3 story jungle gym and going into the ball pit. Before surgery, I'd have just sat at the benches and waiting for them to be done. I'd also have been worried that the playground wouldn't support my weight. I feel really great that I could actually participate with my little babies. I'm feeling very thankful right about now.

I don't have kids, so I've no real idea how you might feel...

But I'm in a surprisingly supportive mood so I thought I'd say well done...

Well done!!!

@@cookarue

Amazing NSV. I bet you feel like a kid again :)

My goal is to be that mom who plays with her kids at the park :) It's so hard having all this fat to lug around and I tire so easily... not for long!! Stories like these give me hope. My boy is still very small (13 months old) so I have plenty of time to shed the weight and become the fun mom I want to be.

Awesome! I went ice skating with mine for the first time since my surgery. I am a MUCH better skater 35 pounds down. And while my 3 year old took breaks, I didn't need one!

My girls are ages 1 and 2. A huge motivation for me to have surgery is so I'm able to do more with them, and I didn't want them to know me as their "fat mom". I know my kids would love me no matter my size, but I want to live/look/be healthy so that they will grow up healthy also.

@@needtorecover you will be that mom!

My daughter is 9 and I look forward to having the stamina to keep up with her. She is a ball of energy and as she is the only child and we are on a street with no other kiddos, she needs someone to play with. Time for this fat dad to become the fun dad !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches