Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I am sick I have white blisters on my throat. I am on my pre-op diet and funny enough I always get sick if I am stressed and not eating-----Funny but true-----I am going to my pre-op testing on Monday--at NYU----Does anyone know if this will cause my surgery not to happen?--I don't know if I can do this diet again!:help:

I'm sorry, I don't think anyone can tell you that for sure but your surgeon or his office. I would bet at your PAT they'll culture your throat and see what the blisters are. You said you get sick when you're stressed? Does it always manifest itself with these same blisters? OR did you mean that your immune system is depleted when you're stressed and you catch anything around? Because if this blistering response is the same every time, and you can express that to the PAT folks, it might be okay. I do not know.

I wish you luck!

And yes, you CAN do this diet again if you have to. Eyes on the prize my dear, eyes on the prize. You can do anything you have to if it means the end result is what you desire. Keep that in mind, okay? It's tough, it sucks, but it gets us to the goal we want. Remember post-op sucks, too. The liquids stages and the soft stages seem to last forever, but there is a purpose to them, It is important to follow them more carefully than you did the pre-op diet since this is the time of your healing.

Take care!

I hope your feeling better. I know I was getting sick right before surgery and was having it in Mexico so I was panicking. They told me if I was running any fever at all it would be postponed so my pcp but me on a strong antibotic before surgery and they put us on antibiotic when you get to Mexico anyways for before surgery so luckily I got well quick. I'm sure they will tell you on your appt. day and I hope you are fine.

If worse comes to worse and you have to postpone you can do the preop again. It is just the worse before the great comes. I mean I didn't have to do any preop diet but I know after surgery you are on liquids and I did it knowing that good things were coming and its been 12 months since surgery and 80 pounds gone and yes it is all worth it.

Sending you hugs and hope all goes well.

I think I am sick I have white blisters on my throat. I am on my pre-op diet and funny enough I always get sick if I am stressed and not eating-----Funny but true-----I am going to my pre-op testing on Monday--at NYU----Does anyone know if this will cause my surgery not to happen?--I don't know if I can do this diet again!:help:

I had a bladder infection and they were considering canceling however I went on antibiotics and reculterd before surgery and it was fine

However at my preop testing they would not test for a bladder infection because I needed a prescription for the test SO make sure you get one for a throat culture before going for testing.

good luck Diane

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this. But how about going to your pcp and getting antibiotics if u need it and not tell the folks at PAT any'g?? IF it's an infection it'll clear up by surgery.. if not.. then won'g it happen again next time u go through with this???

Maybe i'm wrong but if ur using NYU PAT.. they were NOT very friendly nor helpful in any which way. I was quite disappointed ....

Just a thought.

GOOD LUCK!!

And yes, I know it's hard thinking of having to do this pre-op again.. I don't know if I would be able to go through it again either..

let us know

Well I probably wouldnt mention it if I had a slight sniffle or something. But it could be very dangerous not to mention medication you'd been taking. They need to know - many surgeons even like you to stop taking the pill and various Vitamins before surgery, to not mention any antibiotics you were on is just too big a risk. It could interfere with other drugs you need to be given for example.

sorry. Didn't mean not to tell them your on antibiotics. That forsure! Just meant not to go to them initially with the problem. In other words come to them with the solution in hand already. .if possible.. sorry ab. that misunderstanding. You're 100% right ab. that

Try gargling with warm salt Water several times a day. This could be a strep infection or a thrush infection. Both are easily treated but the doctor will advise you on the best course of action. If they do postpone your surgery it will only be for a short time and worth protecting your overall health. The surgery itself will cause a bit of a sore throat for most of us and pushing the tube down an infected throat could spread an infection deeper, leading to pneumonia. It might be nothing, but listen to the doctor's advice and best of luck.

What is your operating date? They can give you an antibiotic and cure strep within 48 hours I think. Or is it your not contagious after 48 hours. DRs at NYU are out of town. Go to even a walk in place and have your throat looked at. They will give you meds if needed....

I was to be operated Monday but my insurance needs to talk to Dr F and he's out of town. This is my second delay. I was banded last August...this is a hernia repair. You will do fine.....

Spunky

quote.....Maybe i'm wrong but if ur using NYU PAT.. they were NOT very friendly nor helpful in any which way. I was quite disappointed ....

Clorox - This does not make me feel good about NYU - not friendly or helpful, YIKES!!!!! I'm going to Dr. Fielding. Please let me know why you feel this way. My nutritional assessment appt is Sept. 10

Thanks!

Maria

NYU---is great I was banded there on monday the 13 of august-----but she is right the pre-surgical testing people don't care---but they have nothing to do with dr. ren and Dr. Fielding--they are just part of nyu----the day of surgery is good very well run---my mother has worked in the medical field for 30 years and was very impressed by the hospitial on my surgery day!----so don't worry.