Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys!

Having my surgery in just over a week, March 17th, with Dr Skidmore. Getting a bit nervous now, not of the surgery, more the learning of how much to eat, what to eat etc? I've lost 13kg since start of December but plenty more to go. I'm on 2 weeks Optifast diet. I really enjoy the shakes, not so much the Soup so I've canned that. I'm eating veggies at lunch then holding off for my shake for an hour or two, it's more of an arvo treat that way. Plus my stomach curdles at the thought of hot & cold food at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You're doing well @@demonchick

It will all come to you...

And what doesn't can be covered in here...

Ask anything...

No matter how seemingly personal or confronting...

There's very little judgement here...

Good luck to you!!!

So today has been a DISASTER! I'm having my surgery next week, and for a multitude of reasons I fell off the bandwagon today. I had ham with my salad for lunch then I had a bread roll with vegemite earlier and some clix biscuits and then I was so hungry still and I opened fridge and grabbed about 20 Cadbury choc coated fruit & nut then realized if I was going to be naughty I was better off having an Optifast shake because I actually quite like them and it would have been more filling. So now I feel like complete shit and a failure and stressing that it's going to affect my surgery big time. Sigh.

We can only do the best we can. I hope it doesnt affect your surgery. I start my two week diet on Wednesday. So i will be wishing you all the best for Thursday. Come back to us after yr op and let us know how everything has gone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is today! I go under at 1pm. I asked hospital how long surgery takes roughly, nurse said an hour and a half.

Hey! Struggles with the pain when I first woke up in recovery but they got onto it straight away. My mouth was so incredibly dry by the time I was allowed to finally sip Water last night. I'm sore today, and got reflux but they have ordered stuff for that just waiting for it to arrive. I'm incredibly tired without a doubt. Part of that would be the pain relief and part of that would be the constant toilet trips every night for last 2 weeks due to drinking 3 liters a day lol. All worth it though, surgeon was really pleased with how I went. I've done a few laps today around the ward

Also in case they forget to tell you, the blue dye they put down your throat to check for leaks, after your surgery, while your still under, comes out when you go to pee! Got the fright of my life this morning! Lol

Hopefully the pain tapers off soon and recovery is quick. I guess in two months it will all be done and dusted. I am struggling with the preop diet. Sticking to it, but everything is bland and im often hungry.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

I asked my dietician, if I could increase my vegetables intake because I was so hungry. She said yes as long as I stuck to the list of approved veggies. So I would have a cup and a half of vegies at lunch, then save my Soup or shake till arvo tea and that helped but it still is hard

So it's now Sunday and I'm doing well IMO. I am on panadol but nothing stronger. Can't sleep on my side, I am too uncomfortable, but did get a solid night sleep. Had half an Optifast shake for Breakfast, I'll have the other half in an hour or so. I had 3/4 of a cup of Tomato Soup for lunch earlier and tolerated that ok. I got a half cup out to measure, and filled it 2/3 with the Soup, poured into coffee cup, then 2/3 with Water and mixed together then heated up. Drank with a teaspoon and took my time. Was delicious.

I'm sipping Water easily, I'm drinking over a litre a day, I'm so conscious of getting dehydrated and getting sick so trying really hard to make the effort to drink up

Yeah pretty good

I'm struggling with a lot of gas, like you can hear my stomach rumble under a blanket even