Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eggs for breakfast and an occasional beer?

Hey evryone

I am getting my band Sept 1st (selfpay) by Dr. Kuri in Mexico

I was wondering if I will be able to have scrambled eggs for breakfast:hungry: because I love them:whoo: and when I eat them I dont get hungry till lunch now so after the band it should last longer. And I also want to know if you can still drink beer everyonce in a while?:)

Thanks

I can eat eggs with no problems. SOME people cannot, you will just have to wait and see if you can handle them.

As far as beer goes, I would not recommend it, I had some serious foaming issues. Ask your doctor

Beer is empty calories in any case, when I go out I just stick to an expensive hard liquor (Example: Double shot of Black Bushmills on the rocks) or a non-carbonated mixed drink.

Yes on the eggs, (try eggbeaters there not bad) and NO!!! on the beer.

Sorry dude, I can only imagine. I'm a Mormon so the no beer thing wan't a big deal for me...LOL

Aloha

BWD

I read that you can have an occasional glass of wine....I bet you could have a light beer but only if you shake it up and let it get flat first. But who would want that??

Chris,

I'm one of the ones that can no longer tolerate eggs after being banded. I love eggs and couldn't imagine scrambled eggs not going down, but they don't, and believe me, I have tried several times!

I haven't even attempted beer. I didn't drink it much before banding so it's not a great loss to me. But, man I miss my eggs!!

eggs for sure, i have them nearly every morning. beer for sure NOT - i had to stop entirely because i can't handle the hops -the fizzies

I could eat eggs immediately after liquid diet. You do not want to drink beer. The carbonate will strectch your pouch and create pain. I love beer and it hasn't been too hard to give it up. NO SODA's, Beer, or other carbonated drinks.< /p>

I ate scrambled eggs as soon as I went onto soft foods at 3 days post op. No problem at all getting and keeping them down. Not a real beer drinker but here it can really stretch the pouch, guess I'll stick to an occasional glass of wine.

Have you tried beating your eggs with a little Water or milk and then pouring them in the pan and cooking them slow. It's more like a custard than a typical scrambled egg. they are much softer and not as sticky.