Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A couple of random NSVs

It's been three years so most of the NSVs have already happened but once in a while a new one pops up. Yesterday, I was sitting on the bus in a two seater by the window and had to get off and get past the lady beside me in the aisle seat. She didn't even bother to get up...she just did the body shift and moved her legs out of the way so I could get out. Not only was I able to do it, I was able to slip past her easily. I had the goofiest smile on my face when I got off the bus... This is the kind of thing that tells me I'm normal sized...not the scale.

Second NSV...I was between meetings this morning and didn't want to bother putting the laptop back in the port so I worked at my desk with the laptop on my lap. Yes...my lap is now a flat surface with no stomach in the way. I've worked at home on a laptop for a while but tend to do so with feet up...either on the bed or the coffee table but this was with my feet firmly planted on the floor. I know I couldn't have done that before I lost the weight.

These are good reminders of living life the way it was intended and not with the challenges of all the excess weight I carried.

I love these NSVs! Congratulations! It's such a good feeling, isn't it!

We have a tiny garage in a 1 bedroom apt at the moment. When we put our SUV in there, there is about 1 foot of space between the wall and the front of our vehicle.

To get into the passenger side you actually have to walk out of the garage and go around and then you have about 1 foot in to open the door and get in.

My husband usually will back out and then I get in.

A few times I have walked thru that space sideways just to see if I could. This week without even thinking I walked straight through that tiny little space with all my winter gear on, walked around open the door and got in.

When I looked up my husband was staring at me. I said what's up James? He calls me Bartles (like Bartles and James wine coolers). He said "Bartles, I suppose you think you are all that! You are so skinny you think you can fit anywhere"!

I swear this is my new thing, to squeeze through spaces I never could fit before. I am constantly finding things I can do with my new thinner body.

I love NSV's like that. I am a silly one too: I regularly take baths and read on my kindle. I rest the kindle on a bathpillow and noticed recently the bottom is always soaking wet where it didn't use to be. I realized it's because my lap is smaller and now below the Water level.

I just like that my mind is not spinning the stories of " when I get up in a crowd, everyone will look at my size". So I would stay seated.

I don't give those thoughts any attention anymore and it helps my self body image a lot to feel I

am " normal" sized. ... To me.... That's what I like. My head has caught up with my size in the last 9 years and I don't have random moments of poor self esteem that really brought me down.

It's not all rainbows and lollipops, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than before. I am thankful to remember that today.????

gowalking, I love this type of NSV!

@DjmohrI, I love the fact that your husband James calls you Bartles : )

@@liannatx

I have to say my grown boys think it's so hilarious that they are calling me Bartles too. My husband thinks he's a comedian. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Count your blessings. A wonderful partner makes the world a lot easier.

Sometimes we don't know, until they are gone, how much we were part of a team. Life is much different by yourself.

I never, ever even thought about it before. I get the ups and downs of marriage, but the emptiness of standing alone is very hard. I don't wish it on anyone.

Just enjoy your life today!????