Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am fully aware of this being minute in comparison to the issues others are having. But we all come here for one thing in general.....support/encouragement. And this girl is angry!!

I had my first visit with my surgeon on November 16th. They sent my info to the psychologist who waited a week to contact me and set up an appointment for 3 weeks out. I was fine with that. However...let's fast forward to tonight. The night before my appointment where I received a call stating that the office verified my insurance tonight and learned that they're not in network and my out of pocket would be ridiculous. I guess my frustration comes from the fact that they've had THREE freakin weeks to contact UHC and verify my benefits. Yet they wait until exactly 19 hours before my appointment. Now I have to find another psychologist and pray that it doesn't take another 3 weeks to get in. This is all I have left for them to submit my pre-authorization papers for crying out loud!!!!

Edited by sassyfrass23

I'm so sorry to hear that! It must be so frustrating :( Just know everything happens for a reason and I'm sure everything will work out just fine! As hard as it is, just be patient, it's all worth it in the end. I'm sure a few months from now you'll look back and this will all be a vague memory ! I know probably not what you want to hear right now but everything will be ok..Try and give the insurance company a call- they might be able to recommended you to a few doctors in the area that accept your insurance. Good luck to you ! xo

I can top that one.

I had to go through a company called Rejuvanist to complete my Psych evaluation because my regular psychiatrist wrote up an evaluation that they found too vague. This was understandable seeing as how all he did was type a letter with two sentences that indicated that I was mentally stable enough for surgery.

My bariactric center was the one who recommended the company to me. I was reassured by the bariatric clinic and during check-in at my Rejuvanist psych evaluation appointment that my insurance would cover the cost.

Well, they did not. I get an $880 bill from Rejuvanist every month that I REFUSE TO PAY. Its been over a year and I'm still trying to work something out. This is such a ridiculous amount to charge for something that took less than 40 minutes to complete.

My psyche eval was the slowest part. Her report was held up a couple times for ridiculous reasons and when it finally was submitted, it got lost for another week. The waiting and uncertainty is maddening!

My Psych evaluation was not paid for by my insurance. I believe most insurances refuse to pay these costs. But that was noted on the first consultation. The cost at the time was $100. The psychologist operated out of the same office as the surgeon (one of the advantages of going to a Center of Excellence).

But the psych evaluation cost is minimal compared to the cost of the hospital, surgeon and pre-op testing. So the bigger question is what portion of these costs will your insurance cover? Are you within network for these costs? Dealing with the insurance companies can turn your hair gray early or make you pull out your hair.< /p>

Do the eval trough Bariatricpsyheval.com

If your insurance doesn't cover its 100$ out of pocket

Consult done over phone

One of my previous posts on the subject....

I used www.bariatricpsychevaluations.com

Super easy....you go to their site, fill out the application giving them your insurance info and answer a questionnaire. Pick a time and date for your eval (phone call).

They will contact you and let you know if your insurance covers your eval or if you need to pay out of pocket. OOP is a flat $100 fee.

Then they call you on your scheduled date/time to complete your eval.

Uber simple and I even did my eval at 8pm !

Good luck!