Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After 6 months of hurry up and wait, thanks to my insurance company, I guess they agree I am fat and need some help! ;) ...tough to argue since they are paying. My doctor confirmed my suspicion, its pretty much a stall tactic because they know a certain percentage will chicken out.

Decemer 23rd...two days before Christmas. I am nervous that I might have to stay an extra day and miss Christmas morning with my kids....but I remember they are who I am really doing this for anyway.

Any other late December sleevers?

#304neveragain

Yes I'm Dec. 22nd. Starting to get nervous but I'm committed to this! I'm so ready for this that I don't care I'll be sipping liquids throughout Christmas and New Year's.

Yes I'm Dec. 22nd. Starting to get nervous but I'm committed to this! I'm so ready for this that I don't care I'll be sipping liquids throughout Christmas and New Year's.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Good luck to you too, James. Keep us posted!

I got the 6 month wait with the classes and now I am so grateful! I feel confident in what to do before/after since our instruction was excellent.

I am having surgery 12/28 at 730 am if I get insurance approval. I have completed all the requirements including pre-admission testing.

One week of liquids only starts 12/20. Yep, no Christmas here! I promised my husband I would have Christmas in April when I have gone through all the stages and finally at week 12 get to eat "normal" food.

We are worth it!!

good luck Christmas sleevers!

got three seats saved on the losers bench for all of you!

My surgery was 12/17 of last year. It's been an awesome year.

I finished a 3K Saturday, compare that to - being barely able to stand while preparing 2014 Thanksgiving dinner.

Best wishes to all of you.

So my pre-op Wednesday went well. Hospital is about an hour and a half from my home so took the day off with my wife and we made our way there. Lots of paperwork and some more blood work. I am a little nervous that my stay would roll over into Christmas day, so I am trying to do everything they tell me by the book. Using the little breathing device they gave me every night to practice, as the nurses described it as 'my ticket out of the hospital', lol.

On another front, I have made the decision to tell a few select people about my surgery (brother, mom, dad, and a few close friends...6 in total). I have to say it was pretty liberating and I have had great support from most everyone I told. They only detractor was my mom, who doesn't like any surgery whatsoever, but after she said it she never really spoke up about it again...or forbid me....or even really caused drama. She teared up a little, and I think that's the mom in her not wanting her baby hurt. I then disclosed I had hit 304 pounds when I started down the surgery path (now about 290), and she got quite (knowing that's not healthy either).

My work only knows that I am going out for surgery and my HR is making me do an FMLA packet, but I have a ton of sick time built up and I am using it. The HR people have made a few sly comments to me about my surgery, never asking directly what its for, but trying to fish it out of me in a round about way (two times so far). My answers so far have all been truthful, "the surgery is a procedure that will take about an hour and is laparoscopic and I should recover quickly, and I am going to be ok when its done. Its just a little maintenance 'under the hood' . "

T Minus 6 days!

Very exciting! Good luck to all of you!

On my way to the hospital. @@Finally_Lost_It how you doing?

Good luck to you all! I go in Monday. I learned 3 new important details just today from being on this site this morning! !

My surgery went well, Dr. Michael Thomas and staff are excellent. My surgery was 45 min. I'm getting about an ounce of Fluid down in a sitting now. No nausea yet.

My cuts

post-259553-1450970624161_thumb.jpg

Glad your surgery went well! I hope you make it home for Christmas :)

Well done! I am so happy for you all!!