Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months post op and frustrated

Pre op 304, day of surgery 289 present weight 276. Up four pounds this past week (six days). Confused and discouraged! Last week I weighed 272. I ventured to get into the 60's by this week. I did very well 98% of my week. Stuck to my food plan, attended Zumba even joined and completed two Yoga classes - I probably could have drank a little bit more Water, but that's about all. I fought the cupcake and brownie temptations that came with having my nephews together.

I just don't get it! I truly thought for sure I would have LOST four pounds, that's how good of a week I thought I had. I weighed one day early just because I was SO excited to see my progress. What a bombshell.

No its not muscle; no its not PMS (not expecting it for a while); its a total failure! I am so upset.

Not a happy woman.

The good news is that you have lost a good bit of weight up til now. I can relate to your frustration, though. I am 4 weeks out today and although I lost 7 lbs the first week after surgery (on top of what I gained during the surgery) I have yet to lose a single ounce more. That is 3 weeks - no weight loss. I am getting in both my liquids and my Protein. I am exercising every day. I was actually losing better before the surgery! Nevertheless, I have faith that all things will work out eventually. I cannot go on forever eating only 600 calories and working off over 500 every day without eventually losing. It will be a topic of conversation with my nutritionist at my appointment tomorrow though!

I think you are probably just in a stall. I have read about them a lot on this forum. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing things should work out. I think sometimes the body just needs to catch up with what has been happening. If the stall goes on for more than a week or so, it probably wouldn't hurt for you to call your nutritionist.

As for me, I am hoping that my body is still in shock from the surgery and one of these days will recover.

Try to relax and follow your routine - perhaps stay off the scale for a bit. Good luck

You do have stalls. I have had times where I didn't loose then I would loose good. I also gained 7lbs one week. I did not do anything different I still don't know why but the next week I was loosing again. You have lost a good amount so far. Our bodies just react in ways we can't explain!

It's not a total failure. Resisting temptation is HUGE! You're exercising and following your plan. Those are all successes. I'm guessing your body is just reorganizing itself and you'll see the numbers changing again very soon.

Just remember, you're not dieting. You've changed your lifestyle. You're going to have stalls, plateaus, and even a reversal or two. What matters is the long haul. You're working on your health, which is a great thing. Just hang in there, keep changing your mindset when presented with challenges, and in the end, you'll win.

I'm a little lost. Pre-op 304 pounds, present weight 276 pounds. That is a weight loss of less than 30 pounds. But you are showing a weight loss of 64 pounds. Did you lose over 30 pounds during the pre-op phase or is your ticker just wrong?

If all you lost was 30 pounds over 2 months, I think I can understand why you would be disappointed. The only advice I can offer is to follow the meal plan (volume), take the required Protein (make sure the Protein supplements have minimal calories), and be patient. Discuss your problems with the nutritionist and see if they can figure why the minimal weight loss.

@@James Marusek My ticker is correct. This isn't my first WLS rodeo, revision from sleeve. Ticker was started back when I was venturing for the last WLS.

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement!

I actually had a bloodwork up completed this morning, as I am seeing the surgeons office on Friday.

We shall see.

The good news is that you have lost a good bit of weight up til now. I can relate to your frustration, though. I am 4 weeks out today and although I lost 7 lbs the first week after surgery (on top of what I gained during the surgery) I have yet to lose a single ounce more. That is 3 weeks - no weight loss. I am getting in both my liquids and my Protein. I am exercising every day. I was actually losing better before the surgery! Nevertheless, I have faith that all things will work out eventually. I cannot go on forever eating only 600 calories and working off over 500 every day without eventually losing. It will be a topic of conversation with my nutritionist at my appointment tomorrow though!

I think you are probably just in a stall. I have read about them a lot on this forum. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing things should work out. I think sometimes the body just needs to catch up with what has been happening. If the stall goes on for more than a week or so, it probably wouldn't hurt for you to call your nutritionist.

As for me, I am hoping that my body is still in shock from the surgery and one of these days will recover.

Try to relax and follow your routine - perhaps stay off the scale for a bit. Good luck

Excellent attitude @@miiasan!