Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now 6 days post op and all I can think about is a big, juicy cheeseburger and fries. Am I horrible? I just want some "real food". So tired of the liquids already. Thought about trying a scrambled egg today. I wasn't able to eat them pre-op due to a pseudo allergy. Really hoping it goes well. Now somebody tell me to buck up, put my big girl panties on and deal with it. I did this to better myself and getting all wrapped up in my pity party isn't going to help. *rant over* Thanks for listening.

Buck up, put on your big girl panties on and deal with it. The liquid phase is tough but you can do this! Hang in there.

The liquid diet phase can be challenging. Just remember your new stomach is healing and is like a newborn infant.

It was that thought that kept me on my plan. I was so scared if I deviated from my surgeons instructions then I might cause damage to my new stomach.

Hang in there is gets easier as time passes. You don't want to cause any harm to yourself.

Can you vary your liquids and try different flavors and or add sugar free Popsicles or broth. Those things helped me

Good luck you can do this!'

That's very typical. I was ruminating about my last supper at the Brazilian steakhouse at about 6 days, in addition to a whole host of other things, like cheesesteaks and pizza. That still happens, but all I have to do is take a few bites of Protein (or in your case a Protein drink) and all cravings are gone. I hope that will be your experience too.

85% of your stomach has been removed.

Lots of healing to take place.

A cool side effect to the liquid diet during this healing time is that it'll help you lose the strong food focus.

Know that in time a big juicy cheeseburger will be a righteous meal......okay....2-3 meals. What a bargain that will be. Leftovers will be an extra value with the sleeve.

I'm a cheeseburger fiend. I love 'em. I strive to make a damn good one on my grill. It's was sorta a point of pride.

I can honestly say that as much of a food lover as I was before......these past few weeks have been extremely beneficial in cooking my heals and getting me focused on a better way of eating that will ensure long-term benefits.

As far as big-girl panties.........throw 'em out. Get rid of them.

Go by some hot looking new stuff and rock it with your new body. Unleash the new beast on a lucky dude.

Thanks, for all the encouragement. Last night was rough. This is truly an awesome place with the best people.

It will get better the further out you get. Stay strong and you will actually begin to feel stronger too. Best of luck! You can do this!

I went on a mini vacation with my family this weekend. We were going to attend a wedding and stayed at a very swanky hotel. In terms of cravings and watching others eat, it was hell.

I watched them eat:

A full Breakfast buffet at a 5 star hotel which served every delicious Breakfast food under the sun.

A juicy tenderloin steak with potatoes, beer, daquiris

Then at the wedding was a full 5 star buffet, the majority being Middle Eastern. Things like Ouzi lamb and rice, meat pies, Pasta, grilled meats, hummus, salads, red velvet cake etc.

Then the next day they dragged me to the newly weds lunch which was a fully catered fancy BBQ lunch. It was kebabs, ribs, lamb chops, baked potatoes, middle eastern meat pies, spring rolls, salads, hummus. All the works. And oh my the fresh bread and butter. They then proceeded to eat a billion kinds of dessert.

Meanwhile I had to watch all of this go down. It was very difficult because they ate a lot of my absolute favourites but I somehow managed through all of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on surviving what sounds like a very challenging situation

Yeah, I don't think my will power would have been that great. I have a hard time watching my family eat meals. My hat is off to you.

Thank you for the comments guys! It was tough and because it was a vacation, there was lots of food. However I wasn't gonna pass up the opportunity to stay at a REALLY nice hotel, enjoy some pool time for a day and get my hair done and put on a party dress.

I think every single one of us has the will power to get through things like this. I feel this way because coming to the decision to get the gastric sleeve takes so much will power and commitment and we wouldn't have gotten here if we didn't have it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think about that fact that i only have to suffer for a few weeks and then as long as i eat delicious healthy food i will be happy for years to come.

The other day I was craving sour cream and onion chips so I purchased a small bag and ate a few chips. Quickly I started to feel sick and threw up the chips. That's the last time I will listen to head hunger.

I k ow it's tough nut we gotta do our best.

I'm also having some pretty bad head hunger. I used to hate pizza and now it's all I'm craving. Pizza and grilled cheese.

But reading about you guys making it through those situations is inspiring to me. Good job staying focused guys. If you can do it, I can do it!

I had my surgery on Monday 12/14/15. I keep having hunger pangs that are horribly painful. I keep drinking lots of Water, but that certainly is not doing the trick. I cannot stomach the clear Protein. I am totally miserable.