Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Year Surgiversary Pics

Sorry for the cross-posting. I put this in the general forum then thought, wait a minute! This is a success story...lol. So here I am too.

Today marks 2 years since my surgery. I never, ever would have thought I would be in the 120s when I started this journey. It has- and I have- surpassed my wildest expectations.

I remember vividly the exact day I decided I had to do whatever it took to lose weight & be healthy. I was at Hershey Park with my then-6th grader daughter on a class field trip. I love parks, and since I didn't have the littles, I was excited to ride the roller coasters with my daughter. So we came to the first one, I squeeeeezed myself into the seat & to get the lap bar down the attendant had to step on it to push it past my huge stomach. I was mortified and my daughter felt terrible for me. I was nearly in tears; in my minds eye, I was no where near that big. I didn't ride another ride the rest of the day & swore at that point I would not let my weight hold me back from experiencing life with my family one more day. It HAD TO change.

Don't you worry. Since then I've OWNED that park!! In fact, the next time I went back was not only to ride every freaking roller coaster in that park, but also to run a 1/2 marathon through the park just over a year later. Take THAT!!! Lol.

Anyway, these 2 years have been amazing. I've learned that my body is capable of so much more than I gave it credit for. I've learned I absolute can accomplish even the most seemingly unreachable goals. I've learned that I could not achieve long-term success without overcoming my eating disorder. I've learned that I deserve good things.

So, it's definitely NOT about the numbers, but I feel like I would be leaving out something someone following this might really want to know if I didn't include them so.... I started my journey at 278.4 pounds & 2 years later I am at 128 pounds. That's a loss of 150 pounds :-). What an amazing journey it's been!!! I even rocked my first bikini ever this year! Ha!post-182723-14421890503757_thumb.jpg post-182723-14421890638544_thumb.jpg post-182723-14421890852999_thumb.jpg

those pics are lying.......that's a completely different person.......amazing. ;)

Wow, congratulations! You were inspiring to me a year ago when I was getting started. And you're still inspiring to me now. You look so much younger and happier.

You look absolutely amazing. I'm sure you must be in heaven and I'm so happy for you!

Thanks everyone :-)

Wow, awesome!! You look amaze!! Such inspiration, thank u

Thank you :-)

Simply fantastic! What a great story. Congratulations.

Oh my your such an insperation I just hope in two years time I'm as lucky as you

Good for you!! Remarkable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have extra skin

I did have a Tummy Tuck to remove excess skin 6 months ago totally covered by insurance. It wasn't a terrible amount of skin, and even without the TT, it would still have been worth it to me

Oh my your such an insperation I just hope in two years time I'm as lucky as you

You definitely can be because it's not luck. It's hard work. If you put in the work, you WILL get the results :-)

@@livvsmum

I love your perspective on how life changing it is to live in the shoes of a obese person to a healthy person. You are loving life and living it well. It means so much to me to see people years out still successful. Thanks for staying in touch on Bariatricpal.