Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise - need motivation.

so instead of going to the gym today, I decided to come home and take my husband out to dinner. Dont worry - we did subway with 1 sandwich and extra meat. I should've done both and gone to the gym. How do you guys stay motivated to do your exercise?

@@jhclikesshopping@gmail.com

Fitness: Working out has become my adrenaline rush, where I process many issues, It feeds my soul, Its where I find motivation and inspiration. ITS MY CHURCH!. My personality changes when I'm at the gym. I am aggressive and competitive. I will be on the treadmill a person will step on the treadmill next to me..In my mind the race is on and I'm staying on the machine longer. The most hilarious things seem to happen to me at the gym. I know if its happening to me. It has to be happening to other bariatic patients. If you have a story please share it with me I have to hear it! .

Working out is very much my quiet time alone to invest in me. Not my job, family and all responsibilities.

Motivation: Find what is fun and excites you.Get involved with weight loss challenges, sporting events, fun physical activities, charity events. Be open to anything that works for you.

Music: Music has done so much for me. I use my cell phone. A few streaming apps are

http://www.fitradio.com/ http://www.pandora.com/music/workout

Pick music that has a good rhythm for your workout. You will find you are keeping pace to it if you want to or not:

My motivation is knowing I have 6 months to from surgery to maximize my weight loss. I don't want to fail at this 2nd chance so to speak to lose this weight. I am losing weight and dropping every week. If I stop i may continue to lose or I may not, or I may have lost an opportunity to have lost more weight had I not procrastinated.

I have read many motivational quotes my favorites state that, our goals our set by us and met by us alone. Your outcome will depend on the effort you put forth. What are you gonna do during your honeymoon phase, Mildew or BBQ?

I am sitting here typing this and should have been done with my 3 mile walk or jog but I am procrastinating. But it will get done today rain, or shine which it is doing a little bit of both.

My motivation is, I really was hoping this surgery would be a magic pill, but its not. What it really is, is a freaking tool like when you are playing a video game say like Mario brothers and you eat the power pill, and you are bigger stronger, have extra power but if you mess up you will shrink back to the regular person. Yeah something like that, I am using my power up pill to lose while I can cause I don't want to have to have RNY to lose the rest of my weight.

Exercise is my biggest motivation problem as well. I am ON IT in the food department. Eating just what I should and tracking everything, getting my Protein in and my Water. I just don't like the discomfort and sweating that happens when I exercise. My goal was to walk six days a week but I've not done more than three. This week I got a groin pull that side-lined me but it's better today so I'm meeting a friend at 6pm to walk at least a mile. I know that sounds like not much to many people, but at 370 pounds that is tough for me. I even stop a couple of times during the walk to sit for 60 seconds and get my legs to where they are able to keep moving.

I have no answer for motivation in this department other than what has been written. In the past, when I was closer to 250 or 300 pounds, I was MUCH more motivated to get to the gym and really grind it out. But am I missing the chance to get there again by not doing the work now? I pray not.

1 mile us great, do not diminish your accomplishment

I take medication that slows my metabolism. If I don't work out, I don't lose. My main workout is aquafit. My gym has classes 6 days a week. There are different instructors and each has their own style, some do more yoga like, some do high intensity, some focus on strength training/core work and some do yoga type movements. I go 5 -6 days a week so I get a little of everything. I love it. however there are days when I would rather sleep in or stay home. Unless I am sick, I go anyway. I just push myself. Even if I oversleep I go and then pool walk/jog to make up the time. I have a waterproof iPod shuffle with my favorite songs and books on it. I just plug in and get to work.

We go to work when we don't feel like it. Why because we have to pay bills and take care of ourselves and our families. Now that I am retired I look at going to the gym and taking care of my health as my number 1 job.

Exercise is my biggest motivation problem as well. I am ON IT in the food department. Eating just what I should and tracking everything, getting my Protein in and my Water. I just don't like the discomfort and sweating that happens when I exercise. My goal was to walk six days a week but I've not done more than three. This week I got a groin pull that side-lined me but it's better today so I'm meeting a friend at 6pm to walk at least a mile. I know that sounds like not much to many people, but at 370 pounds that is tough for me. I even stop a couple of times during the walk to sit for 60 seconds and get my legs to where they are able to keep moving.

I have no answer for motivation in this department other than what has been written. In the past, when I was closer to 250 or 300 pounds, I was MUCH more motivated to get to the gym and really grind it out. But am I missing the chance to get there again by not doing the work now? I pray not.

When I first started taking aquafit classes/going to the gym I just wanted to be consistent. My initial goals was 2 days a week. I didn't aim for anything more. Once I was doing 2 days a week consistently and without feeling like I was dying on the days off, I added a 3 day. It took about 3 mths to get to 3 - 4 days a week. This was before I had WLS. However those habits were so ingrained that I was able to return to aquafit 3 weeks post op. I was actually itching to get back in the pool! As the weight came off, it was easy to quickly build up to 5, 6 and on occasion 7 days a week.

My advice is take it slow. Plan for 2 -3 days of walking and maybe 2 -3 days of chair exercises.