Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a sleeve buddy! Just had surgery September 2nd. Would love to hear how things are going. What you're eating and how you're coping with the new sleeve.

I was sleeved on the 3rd. Today was a good day. I got all my fluids and Protein in. I'm not having any pain. Sometimes when I swallow, it feels like some gurgling going on down there. I ate some creamy Tomato Soup ( about 4 bites). I was very nauseous first two days, but fine since Saturday. TMI: I pooped today too! Happy day! What about you?

I was sleeved on the 3rd. Today was a good day. I got all my fluids and Protein in. I'm not having any pain. Sometimes when I swallow, it feels like some gurgling going on down there. I ate some creamy Tomato Soup ( about 4 bites). I was very nauseous first two days, but fine since Saturday. TMI: I pooped today too! Happy day! What about you?

Small victories! Congrats! ????

That's awesome! I had creamy Tomato today too! Glad you are out of pain and doing well. I haven't felt the "full" part yet.

Mine was also 9/2!! I was release from hospital Friday. Lots of pressure in my belly. Sometimes, even in my chest. There is no way I can get 64 Oz of Water and 60 oz of Protein in right now. I can barely get 40 oz of liquid down. All I've had is chicken broth, water, Powerade zero. The Protein Shakes are too thick. I tried a sugar free pudding with some protein mixed in and nope. Sleeve doesn't want that either. Ice chips are great! Still sleeping in a recliner for the little bit of sleep I can get. Not going exactly how I want it to but I haven't thrown up yet!! So that's a non scale victory! lol Sometimes I get this weird gurgle...then my throat gurgles and I think I may get sick but nothing happens. I am praying for a nice big BURP!!! I can feel it. I need to release some air but just can't ???? My name is Vanessa btw. Starting weight June 5 was 410. Weight on surgery day was 367. Today I'm 355. I'd love to be sleeve buddies!!

Hello...

I was sleeved on the 3rd September. I have been managing all my Water and protein! I feel like I'm doing something wrong! Haha no pain except the aches feeling where they did the operation. sleeping fine! I spoke to my nurse as I was expecting to feel worse than this. She told me because I have been mobile since 10 minutes after leaving recovery I'm speeding up my recovery. I've been walking 2+ miles a day since the day after the operation.

post-262247-14416936270733_thumb.jpg

Hey, I had my sleeve on the 2nd aswell. I'm only 22. I was released from the hospital on the 5th. I've been home for about 3 days now. I'm feeling alright but It's very hard for me to get up and down into chairs, and my bed is just a misery to get into, but once I'm in I feel everything calm down tho I can only sleep till 4am. I don't feel like I'm doing well at all with liquids and the protien. I've purchased Isopure. I tolerated it the first day, after that I couldn't stand it. I don't know what to do really, I just cant get anywear close to a normal liquid intake.

Hey, I had my sleeve on the 2nd aswell. I'm only 22. I was released from the hospital on the 5th. I've been home for about 3 days now. I'm feeling alright but It's very hard for me to get up and down into chairs, and my bed is just a misery to get into, but once I'm in I feel everything calm down tho I can only sleep till 4am. I don't feel like I'm doing well at all with liquids and the protien. I've purchased Isopure. I tolerated it the first day, after that I couldn't stand it. I don't know what to do really, I just cant get anywear close to a normal liquid intake.

I'm in the same boat!! I can't get up and down from our bed. Laying flat is excruciating when I try to get up. I can't lay on my sides. What I found helped was putting a couple pillows down on a recliner and sitting on those and reclining back. I'm not on a normal sleep schedule either. I'm up 4-5 hours then sleep for about 2. Ice chips have been the easiest for me. Premier Protein is way too thick. Isopure has to be diluted and room temp. chicken broth feels good on my belly....and that's it! I see so many people eating yogurt cream of wheat oatmeal etc and I don't know how the heck they can do it! I'm only getting in maybe 40 oz of liquid...sometimes not even that much. Not nearly enough Protein but what else can we do?! I just pray this gets easier and things start going down easier. I tried pudding and I felt like it got stuck in my chest. Just so much pressure...ugh. Feel free to send me messages anytime! we can get through this!

I'm in the same boat!! I can't get up and down from our bed. Laying flat is excruciating when I try to get up. I can't lay on my sides. What I found helped was putting a couple pillows down on a recliner and sitting on those and reclining back. I'm not on a normal sleep schedule either. I'm up 4-5 hours then sleep for about 2. Ice chips have been the easiest for me. Premier Protein is way too thick. Isopure has to be diluted and room temp. chicken broth feels good on my belly....and that's it! I see so many people eating yogurt cream of wheat oatmeal etc and I don't know how the heck they can do it! I'm only getting in maybe 40 oz of liquid...sometimes not even that much. Not nearly enough Protein but what else can we do?! I just pray this gets easier and things start going down easier. I tried pudding and I felt like it got stuck in my chest. Just so much pressure...ugh. Feel free to send me messages anytime! we can get through this!

I haven't tried ice chips yet, I should probably give it a try. I'm doing okay with broth, but theres only so much I can take of the taste xD, as for the yogurt and oatmeal is that during the liquid stage or the Puree stage? but yeah we just need to hang in there, We will reach our goals!

I haven't tried ice chips yet, I should probably give it a try. I'm doing okay with broth, but theres only so much I can take of the taste xD, as for the yogurt and oatmeal is that during the liquid stage or the Puree stage? but yeah we just need to hang in there, We will reach our goals!

According to my lil plan, yogurt and cream of wheat is something I can start now...but there's no way. If I can't even do the Protein drinks, how the heck can I do yogurt and cream of wheat ???? ... ice chips help me get fluids in. :) let me know how u do.

Mine was also 9/2!! I was release from hospital Friday. Lots of pressure in my belly. Sometimes, even in my chest. There is no way I can get 64 Oz of Water and 60 oz of Protein in right now. I can barely get 40 oz of liquid down. All I've had is chicken broth, water, Powerade zero. The Protein Shakes are too thick. I tried a sugar free pudding with some protein mixed in and nope. Sleeve doesn't want that either. Ice chips are great! Still sleeping in a recliner for the little bit of sleep I can get. Not going exactly how I want it to but I haven't thrown up yet!! So that's a non scale victory! lol Sometimes I get this weird gurgle...then my throat gurgles and I think I may get sick but nothing happens. I am praying for a nice big BURP!!! I can feel it. I need to release some air but just can't ???? My name is Vanessa btw. Starting weight June 5 was 410. Weight on surgery day was 367. Today I'm 355. I'd love to be sleeve buddies!!

Glad you haven't thrown up! You're doing good getting your liquids in! I find myself sleeping to much to get anything in. I know the pressure feeling well. With all the swelling and gas inside I'm surprised we don't explode!

I've been doing sugar free fruit Popsicles to help with the liquid and wanting to "chew".

Yesterday, I slept almost the whole day! Probably got maybe 20 oz of Fluid in. I didn't sleep all night. Fell asleep around 9 this am and woke up at 2pm. Right now, I'm feeling good. I've almost finished a 32 oz bottle of Powerade and my husband went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought me something called Coco Protein. It's so much easier to go down then the Premier Protein. I actually feel a little progress today. Fortunately, I don't want to chew ANYTHING. I'm not hungry nor is my head messing with me. We got this girl!!!

If your body wants sleep, let it have sleep! It's our way of healing. Every time you wake up, suck on some ice. ???? keeps your tongue moist!

Sounds good! Ice does sound good too.