Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WARNING Grumpy July 06 Bandster

I am a control freak. I take medicine for it.

I get real grumpy reading threads/chats from bandsters who say

"I'm not losing, I am disappointed, I don't know what is wrong :) ".

Lots of helpful/well meaning bandsters or pre bandsters make suggestions .

Then those same B) people say

"Well I'm not eating like I should, I'm eating wrong things or too much ,I should be exercising but I'm not".

As the old saying goes DUH?

Feels good to get this off my chest.

I'm ready to get slammed but it is an attitude from bandsters that gets me crazy and :Banane10:.

edie

no slamming from me. Agree completely.

The other ones that leave me shaking my head in wonder are the posts that say "....I'm less than a week out of surgery (or 2 days in one case several months ago) and I just had to have a (piece of pizza, sandwich, chips...pick one)....what on earth are they thinking!!??

Maybe they weren't given enough information on the dangers of what they're doing...if that's the case their doctor should be ashamed.

no slamming from me. Agree completely.

The other ones that leave me shaking my head in wonder are the posts that say "....I'm less than a week out of surgery (or 2 days in one case several months ago) and I just had to have a (piece of pizza, sandwich, chips...pick one)....what on earth are they thinking!!??

Maybe they weren't given enough information on the dangers of what they're doing...if that's the case their doctor should be ashamed.

Yep, I agree completely. I'm in that liquid/mushy stage and it is HELL. but I know there's a reason for it. I just posted a heck of a tough love speech over on a thread called eating four days post-op. It's one of those, "Well, it went down okay, and I chewed really well, so now I'm eating pizza" threads.

Faith,

Good for you! I know those first 3 - 4 weeks feel like an eternity and the hunger (for me anyway) never seemed to go away...but it ended up being kinda like childbirth. Miserable during, but quickly forgotten after.

I'm 10 months post-op now and am what I think is perfect restriction. I can eat anything only in very small portions....good luck on your journey.

Can I add my pet peeve here? Ok, I haven't even been banded yet, but this is my gripe and it isn't really directed toward the posters but more towards their (in my opinion) incompetent surgeons. How can people who have ALREADY BEEN BANDED come in here and ask questions like, "What is PBing? What is sliming?" I mean, geez, didn't they get any information at all from their surgeons/dieticians? It scares me for them.

Well PB and sliming are two terms my surgeon never used. Throwing up and extreme salivating are the terms I was given. It is possible that they know what it is but just don't know the terms we use here.

I was on a thread where someone cheated during the liquid stage and everyone on the thread was like "oh, it's okay, you'll be fine" and I wrote that it's really not a good idea to cheat and that our doctors have a plan for us for health reasons. Suddenly I was the bad guy for pointing out the truth! If you cheat, and then you come on this site and tell everyone that you cheated so that we can all tell you it's "OK", what's the purpose of having directions from your surgeon? Just because 10 other bandsters say "it's okay" if you cheated doesn't mean that it is.

I get mad when someone who's been banded less than a week can't figure out why they're not losing 50 lbs a day. FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, PEOPLE!!!!! Doesn't anyone listen to ANYTHING their surgeon tells them???? SHEESH!!!!

Wow, I feel better....I'll be going now....

:)

What, we do't lose 50 lbs a day?!?!?! I have been decieved! J/K. I hate when people come on and say I'm 1 day pre op and I'm in alot of pain whats wrong....well hum you had surgery yesterday.

I agree with all of these.....I also feel like if you chose your Dr. you need to follow his/her guidelines, regardless what everyone else on here is doing, or what their Dr. said. Every Dr. is different it seems, and no one wants to listen to theirs!!! And if I say mine did or didn't instruct me to do something, all hell breaks loose!!! I mentioned that my Dr. never denied me using a straw---I in fact had one on my tray in the hospital. OMG I had people telling me my band was likely already slipped, and I would be sorry....all doom and gloom!!! Crazy!!!

Yeah I must have had a bad Dr. too---I am not losing 50 a day either......waaaah!!!!

Kat

Thank you folks!!! I have been amazed at how people cheat themselves! If you are going to keep up your old habits save yourself some time and money and don't get banded. It is beyond me why somebody would endour major surgery not to follow rules- don't they know about all the risks involved? I am hungry too, but I am not going to cheat, no way Jose, I value my life way too much for that.

Thanks Eddie for this great posting!

Well it is aup/sept and I am past my grumpy stage. When I get in the chat room I just take a deep breath and try to be helpful now. I ask some hard questions and make some even harder suggestions and I have inspired some people. JillPill is an example for one. I just consider my grumpy stage part of the stages of being a bandster.

edie

Dear Edie, Im so glad the grumpys passed. I came to a place in my band journey and was stuck and depressed. You pulled me out of it and set me straight. Im so grateful. Im on my way now thanks to you girlfriend.

Best Wishes JILLPILL:biggrin: