Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap band support

Since this is the header of the topic, I am officially,whole heartedly supporting those who choose to live life with a lapband!

I hope some of the other band veterans will choose to help answer questions about a healthy life with our bands.

It can be a life changer! For many years!

For this one category, can I ask respectfully for no band bashing, stomach perforation, port flipping horror stories?

I am very pleased with my years of healthy living with my band .. May it always be so for others too⭐️

I DO SUPPORT any type of WLS for the record.

This is just one all place to Celebrate banded life.

Thanks for listening

Yes! In this thread, positivity!

Love my band. More later.

100 pounds down. 50 to go.

So far:

I sleep so much better.

I dropped a bunch of prescription meds.

I leave food on my plate.

I take home food from restaurants more often than not.

I can walk for miles.

I am wearing size 16 jeans and 1XL tops.

I wore a dress three times this year.

And heels.

No more seat belt extender on a plane.

No more spilling over the armrests in a movie theater.

No more getting stuck in restaurant booths.

I rode a horse without guilt.

My kids are proud of me.

I started taking care of my hair and skin and nails.

My feet don't hurt.

I joined a gym.

I go to the gym.

I have been the same size for almost nine months.

I've learned that the band won't make me skinny, but it will help me make better choices if I choose to.

I choose to.

I'm not hungry all the time.

I get hungry after about 4 hours of not eating.

When I'm really hungry it's easy to choose something healthy.

When I'm head-hungry I still can choose crappy food. I'm learning that it's not inevitable for me to make those crappy choices.

I gravitate to people now instead of food.

I have high hopes for my future.

The band was the first step in me creating a new life for myself.

It's a tool. It won't magically make me thin.

I don't keep my band too tight or too loose. I want it to last many years.

I'm a happy bandster.

What a wonderful positive post! ????Thanks JWM. I can count on your posts being real.... and supportive of this different lifestyle we have chosen

Even with the ups and downs of life.

Although every day is not sunshine and lollipops... They are way better than carrying around that 90 extra pounds.

Thanks lapband!

60 pounds lost - 40 to go.

Was banded 9/13. I do fall off the wagon sometimes, but I can pick right back up and keep going :)

I am way more mobile than I used to be & my pre-diabetes is gone. More healthier than I ever was before :)

wonderful idea, positive post for lapbands... I am sure most everyone knows how I feel about negative band bashing posts so it's indeed a good thing to dedicate this to lapband success. I have been banded almost 3 years. haven't had to be on any medication since surgery . I am healthier and happier than I have been in many years. As I get closer to 70 years of age I realize how lucky I am to have found the solution to my obesity and bad health. Without your health you have nothing. I have not had any complications. the surgery itself was a piece of cake for me. I do have to remind myself sometimes that I need to eat slower, old habits die hard . But I would recommend the band to every person who ask me.

I adore and live by your phrase "without your health, you have nothing".

Ask any very ill person, and they will say the same.

My dearest friend of 43 years had a great life, wonderful husband and kids, possessed great beauty , lived in a lovely home... And in the end, none of it really mattered....

The illness won.

I'm so lucky to regain health and have the opportunity to live a wonderful healthy life⭐️

Thank you lap band!

Hi everyone I just got banded August 20th and am overwhelmed! Can anyone guide me?? Any suggestions, on how, what to eat? I seem to get a burning sensation in my stomach Every 3-4hours and it's hunger is this normal? Any response is helpful...thank you

I love all the positive feed back from everyone... It only leads to success? Way to go everyone!

I also fell off and gained 20 pounds. I lost my mom in March and kind of ate everything in sight. Then I did some soul search it and decided I did not want to return to where I started so I am on My Fitness Pal again and logging in everything. If I'm held accountable I do much better. I was banded on 11-11-12 and feel great just need to get back on track.