Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's my birthday in little less than two weeks and I was thinking about making myself a cake and have been scouring the Internet for recipes that fit my low sugar, low fat, low carb needs. I have fully accepted that this may be impossible but I figured I'd ask for suggestions? I can't really tolerant Splenda or aspartame. I made a practice cake with Swerve yesterday but something about Swerve made my tongue numb! I successfully made chocolate zucchini pumpkin bread and coconut flour shortbread (I add Protein unflavoured protein powder) but I'm looking for something a little more birthday cake-y. Has anyone made something like that?

Great that you are not giving up having a birthday cake. Hope someone here can help you. Happy birthday..a little early.

What I did for my birthday was a shake made with birthday cake flavored Protein powder... that's as close as I got to a birthday cake.

I will be looking for answers on this question too! I have been scouring Pinterest and yummly looking for ideas that are made with almond or coconut flour.

I cannot use artificial sweeteners due to allergy but could use honey or even real sugar if it is not an overly sweet cake.

Thanks for sending this out, looking forward to getting some answers!

@@Mountaingal well I figured I'd try. If it doesn't work I'm fine with that too. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

@@Boombalatty I've always wanted to try the birthday cake Protein powder but all the versions I've found are so expensive that I'm hesitant to buy it in case I don't like it.

@@Djmohr all the recipes I've found that use honey or coconut sugar are still a little too high in sugar for me. I'll let you know if I find one though!

I plan to have either a vegan cake or regular cake. I don't dump from bad sugar. Just for this one day I will not over indulge, 1 small piece, one day will not kill my lifestyle change. I also won't tempt my self by having a cake remain in my house Maybe I won't like it or maybe next year I will substitute it for something else but right now this is my plan. I am working out like nobodies business to reach my Nov weight loss goals.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/?s=cake

The coconut cake recipe on the site looks great but it seems like a lot of work.

http://www.questnutrition.com/cookbook/desserts/cookies-&-cream-birthday-cake/

A low carb cheesecake with almond meal for the crust would be the easiest option with the simplest ingredients. there are tons of recipes, just google until you find one you like.

@@JosieAppleHead I may do that too. I don't really seem to dump at all (something I'm weirdly disappointed about) so I may have a few bites - my brother's birthday is 3 days after mine so we're doing a joint celebration. I have a week though so I thought I'd play around with some recipes as long as they don't require über expensive and obscure ingredients.

@@OutsideMatchInside I'll check those out! Thanks!

@Indieflicker-What about a low-carb chiffon cake? Try boomerinas.com for one that uses some artificial ingredients but doesn't seem so bad.

@@Lemon109 It looks very tasty. I haven't heard of Sugar Not before, which is the sugar replacement they use. I'll have to do some research!

I always feel disappointed with my attempts to use artificial sweeteners etc...I just take 1-2 bites of real cake and enjoy it! I always taste a slight aftertaste etc.

This is really good!

Protein CAKE shake

3-4 Tbsp. Splenda
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/8 c. Water

Mix dry ingredients together in 16 oz. bowl or glass measuring cup and then add wet and mix well. Microwave on high for 35-50 seconds, depending upon your microwave. The finished product should resemble that of a chocolate lava cake. I found that in my big microwave, 35 seconds wasn't enough; 45 was good, but tonight, I'll try 50.

You can use any flavor of Protein Powder - chocolate, vanilla, Cookies and cream, strawberry, or chocolate Peanut Butter. I used the chocolate pb last night and topped it with Splenda sweetened whipped cream. O M G!!! Keep in mind that it's always going to be chocolate because of the cocoa, but the strawberry Protein powder MAY make it taste like a chocolate covered strawberry.

Likewise, you could substitute any s/f Torani or Davinci syrups for the Splenda. Chocolate cherry sounds yummy!

Enjoy!!

I don know, but maybe Google "Diabetic recipes, " or try "Paleo recipes ". Good luck !

I've always wanted to try the birthday cake Protein powder but all the versions I've found are so expensive that I'm hesitant to buy it in case I don't like it.

I have a store that I buy my Protein powder from called The Vitamin Shoppe. If you buy any powder and don't like it, you can take it back for full in store credit. There was a chocolate powder I tried that I hated. I made 3 shakes out of it just to make sure it wouldn't grow on me. It didn't. It was $45 and I took it back for a caramel powder. Straight swap!