Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Do you get nice compliments?

Have you Men or Ladies heard any of the good compliments come your way?

Maybe we have a story or two about how people have started to notice you--the real you...:whoo:

I get plenty of "I didn't realise it was YOU" type comments, simply because I have lost 2 thirds of my body weight.

For the most part, people tend to be very complementary. It gets to the point where I get embarrassed.

Mine came from a young lady who I met first when I moved to my town---"you're new here? "How long have you been here? I met this lady like October 24-2005 and she thought I was someone else..I am thankful for the lap band. It's making me have to buy new clothes. But I am going to wait--6 more months--if i can hold on that long....Oh yes--I felt good when a 22 year old Woman said I looked marvelous...Oh well--I just made 50...

I get nice compliments often. Mostly from my family. My sisters and I go to the same gym, and they both told me that they've come in when I've been on the elliptical and they didn't know it was me. That one is probably the best, lol.

I get compliments nearly daily. They come from coworkers mostly.

I wear a uniform about 90% of the time, which are giant now, because they fit me 70 lbs ago. When I wear street clothes people don't shut up!

Watch out, I'll be wearing them every day soon!

I got told this weekend..."WHAT are you doing to lose weight?" Ho hummed around and then told her. "Her" being my sis in law....I just couldn't lie...when someone says...you are looking good, I can say thank you, but when someone asks point blank, I froze and then told. Not sure how I am feeling about her knowing right now though. Kind of weird for someone to know that I didn't plan on telling.

I've lost close to 50 lbs but haven't been getting compliments. I don't know what to think about that.

Annie, are you still wearing the clothes you wore before? If you are, and you buy a few new things in a small size, I can almost guarantee people will notice.

Also, sometimes people don't say anything because they don't want to embarrass you or anything, you know? Don't let it get to you too much for now. :)

I have lost 60 lbs and have not had hardly any comments. One person I work with did mention that I should probably buy smaller shirts because she noticed my shoulder seam was creeping down my arm, but that's about it.

hahahahaha...yes--maybe you should get some smaller shirts. I still like the bigger shirts myself--but not for long.

I am sure--if you wear some smaller clothing--you may pick up on a few compliments. I have and I am now wearing a few of my old suits. Funny thing...I brought 9 suits over a small period of time--2 are still new--never did alterations. The other seven now can be worn. I have done that for the past 2 sundays to church. I have had a few of the older ladies--lol say--"You look good"...Makes me wonder--will I be dating the 60's age group soon??

Anyway--don't worry--it'll all work out

I had a teenager mistake me for my 18 year old niece. I was wearing a shirt from her school and we look very similar... I have also been carded buying wine recently. I guess weightloss looks good on me. ~Mandy

Since short season is here in Kentucky, friends and family say your legs are so small and cute.

I always say thank you but to get over the embarrassment I say "and I am so

healthy now!".

edie

I have had a few people I have known for years, not recognize me to the point I had to tell one of them, (my ex mother in law for 15 years) who I was! That has been kinda cool, it tickled me really. It was funny yesterday one of my old friends who has had bypass surgery and I were passing each other her getting out of her car and me getting in mine and we realized at the same time who the other one was we both didn't recognize the other one! The only thing that gets me is I don't see alot of difference but I think that is true of alot of us.

I have had to learn to ecxept compliments never having recieved many before. That was really hard! I have one person who calls me the incredible shrinking woman! It seems when ever I plateau foir a bit or doubt my progress, someone compliments me on how good I look and it always makes me smile and gives me a boost to continue.