Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op and post op shopping

I know there are a TON of posts like this but....I wanted to make mine a little different. I'm trying to pick things up every once in a while so I'm not left with this huge shopping trip right before surgery.

First, I'm required to do a 2 week low carb high Protein diet. 2 meals a day and 2/3 shakes a day (sorry can't remember if it's 3 or not). If you did a diet like this, what did you actually eat compared to what you bought to eat?

Also, the day before surgery I have to drink two bottles of Isopure. What are your favorite and least favorite flavors?

Third. What did you REALLY need at the hospital? I'm an over packer and I don't want to bring much of anything haha. That's my goal anyway.

Last but not least. Post op diet for the first few weeks. What did you try? What did you like, what don't you like now? Things I should try? I'm going to try really hard not to buy anything that got me to where I am now. I've seen some lists and I'm super surprised at some of the items that were consumed and (I assume) were doctor approved. The goal is as clean as I can be during the soft stage.

Thank you for any responses!

My requirements were a little different than yours, I did a full liquid diet 10 days prior to surgery (had mine July 16) I start doing a RTD Protein drinks (muscle milk pro vanilla or strawberry 32g Protein - or Premier Protein vanilla or strawberry 30g protein) for Breakfast, and another for lunch. (sometimes I did a third one in the evening)

For dinner I would get a Soup from somewhere, hot n sour Soup, broccoli n cheese soup etc and mix some unflavored protein until that unflavored protein started making me feel sick on the stomach and just started having the soup by itself (I also did broths).

For Snacks, I did greek yogurt or SF Jello. Drank Water, Gatorade G2 and Propel Water. Hot herbal tea (rasbery zinger, no caffeine) with no sweetner at work during the day.

At the Hospital,

I brought some shower shoes (flip flops) but I didn't use them because they gave me those hospital socks, then I just wore my regular shoes when I went walking. I waited till I got home to shower (My surgery was at 3 and I was discharged at 12 the next day).

I also bought my toothbrush and toothpaste, gasx strips, my ipad and chargers for my phone and ipad.

I used my ipad for about an hour before I was discharged (watched Ferris Beullers day off on Netflix)

didn't need anything else. I just relaxed, walked and slept the whole time I was there.

Oh another thing. I bought several different Protien powders but all ive been drinking was the Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel. so much so that its almost gone and I will buy another jug at my follow up apt Thursday.

Oh another thing. I bought several different Protien powders but all ive been drinking was the Syntrax Nectar fuzzy navel. so much so that its almost gone and I will buy another jug at my follow up apt Thursday.

I wasn't a fan of that one, but I LOVE roadside lemonade! !!

My requirements were a little different than yours, I did a full liquid diet 10 days prior to surgery (had mine July 16) I start doing a RTD Protein drinks (muscle milk pro vanilla or strawberry 32g Protein - or Premier Protein vanilla or strawberry 30g protein) for Breakfast, and another for lunch. (sometimes I did a third one in the evening)

For dinner I would get a Soup from somewhere, hot n sour soup, broccoli n cheese soup etc and mix some unflavored protein until that unflavored protein started making me feel sick on the stomach and just started having the soup by itself (I also did broths).

For Snacks, I did greek yogurt or SF Jello. Drank Water, Gatorade G2 and Propel Water. Hot herbal tea (rasbery zinger, no caffeine) with no sweetner at work during the day.

At the Hospital,

I brought some shower shoes (flip flops) but I didn't use them because they gave me those hospital socks, then I just wore my regular shoes when I went walking. I waited till I got home to shower (My surgery was at 3 and I was discharged at 12 the next day).

I also bought my toothbrush and toothpaste, gasx strips, my ipad and chargers for my phone and ipad.

I used my ipad for about an hour before I was discharged (watched Ferris Beullers day off on Netflix)

didn't need anything else. I just relaxed, walked and slept the whole time I was there.

1. I would have a shake for breakfast, a Protein bar as a snack, shake for lunch, Protein Bar, and for dinner a lean meat with a vegetable and starch.

2. I have only tried Isopure post op and I didn't like it, mango peach I think. My issue with it was that it tasted like juice with some whey Protein mixed it. (Probably not a helpful answer for you, sorry).

3. The only things that I brought that I really needed was the pillow, sandals for walking around the hospital, and my 6 foot iPhone charger.

4. Post op diet: the first week I lived on watered down juice, Water, sugar free creamsicles/Popsicles/fudge pops, and Soup (I love egg drop soup and the cream chicken and wild rice from panera). I bought a whole case of premier Protein shakes before surgery and ended up drinking it all before hand. It was a good thing because I no longer tolerate premier, or any of the flavored stuff for that matter. I bought an unflavored powder that I add to smoothies. I also go to Jamba Juice, get a small smoothie with a shot of protein and it takes me a day to drink that. I have tried Peanut Butter (no Bueno but it was my own fault), yogurt didn't do well, I was okay with grits and oatmeal, refried Beans were okay, baby food was also a good one for me because that comes in so many flavors. eggs are a work in progress, I love them but I feel like they sit in my throat for hours and it's uncomfortable so I currently avoid them. I am currently working on eating 3 meals a day; I eat probably once a day and it's because I don't fee like eating or when I do I just drink Water and the feeling goes away. Honestly, I would much rather drink than eat.

Today is my 4th day post op... Feeling great!

Things I took to the hospital:

2 pillows

Night gown/robe

Caftan or maxi dress (day 2)

Face wipes

A little make-up

Flip flops (any kind of slip on shoes)

•Gas X strips (life Saver)

Head phones

Cell phone/charger

Post op Clear liquids (doesn't include protein) for 2 weeks:

Italian ice ❤️❤️❤️easy to eat slowly

Swanson chicken broth

Apple juice tastes GREAT!

I love premier Protein strawberry/cream for when I felt really hungry 1 shot glass really satisfied me.

Vitamin Water assorted zero calorie

Propel fitness Water

Hot tea

I like the green melon Isopure.< /p>

Where do you find isoprene? Is it only online? Also I read people drinking the tea does the caffeine bother their sleeves?