Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes and samples

Does anyone recommend any Protein powders /shakes over another and where to get free samples? Thanks!

Edited by Nikki Monroe

I got my Protein powder samples at Nashua Nutrition online. That's also where I ordered my Vitamins. Just a heads up, they came in clear plastic bags with a label that just had the brand and flavor - no nutritional information or instructions. The instructions came on a separate sheet of paper.

So far I've liked all of them except the Isopure Zero Carb (the pre-made drinks are my fave, but I'm not a fan of the powder).

That's interesting! I love the Isopure Zero Carb vanilla powder. I'm including some recipes I got from the Isopure site except I use one scoop of powder instead of two in the shakes. These might be more for when you can add a little fruit, etc. When I was preop I made the simpler recipes that didn't have fruit. My husband even likes them and he's not even trying to lose or anything. I always make them with skim milk.

banana Egg Nog

1/2 cup of milk, soy milk, rice milk or Water
1 scoop of Zero Carb Isopure Creamy vanilla Powder
1 cup of ice cubes
1 banana chunk (2” frozen)
1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine milk or Water, Isopure and ice cubes in blender on high for 30 seconds. Then add additional ingredients and blend again for 30 seconds. Enjoy!

Mocchachino

1/2 cup of milk, soy milk, rice milk or water
1 scoop of Zero Carb Isopure Creamy Vanilla Powder
1 cup of ice cubes
1/2 tsp instant espresso
2 tsp cocoa powder

Directions:
Combine milk or water, Isopure and ice cubes in blender on high for 30 seconds. Then add additional ingredients and blend again for 30 seconds. Enjoy!

chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

1 cup of ice cubes
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp peanut butter

Directions:
Combine milk or water, Isopure and ice cubes in blender on high for 30 seconds. Then add additional ingredients and blend again for 30 seconds. Enjoy!

Banana Peanut Butter Cup

1 cup of ice cubes
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp peanut butter

Directions:

Cookies and Cream

1 cup of ice cubes
2 sugar-free chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
1 tbs Cool Whip

Directions:

Pina Colada

1 cup of ice cubes
2 pineapple chunks (1" frozen)
1/2 tsp pure coconut extract

Directions:

Creamy Banana

1 cup of ice cubes
1 banana chunk (2" frozen)
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

That's interesting! I love the Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla powder. I'm including some recipes I got from the Isopure site except I use one scoop of powder instead of two in the shakes. These might be more for when you can add a little fruit, etc. When I was preop I made the simpler recipes that didn't have fruit. My husband even likes them and he's not even trying to lose or anything. I always make them with skim milk.

Banana Egg Nog

1/2 cup of milk, soy milk, rice milk or Water

1 cup of ice cubes

1 banana chunk (2” frozen)

1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

Directions:

Combine milk or Water, Isopure and ice cubes in blender on high for 30 seconds. Then add additional ingredients and blend again for 30 seconds. Enjoy!

Mocchachino

1 cup of ice cubes

1/2 tsp instant espresso

2 tsp cocoa powder

Directions:

chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

1 cup of ice cubes

1/2 tsp cocoa powder

1 tsp Peanut Butter

Directions:

Banana Peanut Butter Cup

1 cup of ice cubes

1 frozen banana

1 tbsp peanut butter

Directions:

Cookies and Cream

1 cup of ice cubes

2 sugar-free chocolate cream-filled sandwich Cookies

1 tbs Cool Whip

Directions:

Pina Colada

1 cup of ice cubes

2 pineapple chunks (1" frozen)

1/2 tsp pure coconut extract

Directions:

Creamy Banana

1 cup of ice cubes

1 banana chunk (2" frozen)

1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

Thank you so much! Will definitely be trying these!

Syntrax Nectar Protein powders come in fruit flavors that are way better than any chocolate or vanilla flavors and way tastier than those nasty Premier Protein shakes so many people drink. The fuzzy navel and Roadside Lemonade are my favorites. Mix with Water and serve over ice. They're amazing. You can go on Syntrax's website to get their phone number and call for free samples.< /p>

Does anyone recommend any Protein powders /shakes over another and where to get free samples? Thanks!

I use Premier Protein drinks to get my Protein in daily - otherwise I'd be well below my needed daily amount. I don't know about free samples but I get cases of 12 for just shy of $12 at Sam's Club. Here's the website for the Premier Protein page:

http://www.premierprotein.com/tasty-shake-recipes/

I do the chocolate and the strawberries & cream. Both are delicious! Only 1g of sugar, 30g of protein and only 2 net carbs. I'm so glad I found them because I was having so much trouble getting my protein in. I take them sometimes and put fruit pieces in an ice pop mold and pour the Protein Drink in it and freeze. So yummy.

Syntrax Nectar fuzzy navel was the only Protein I could tolerate in Water. My click vanilla latte is the one I use most often mixed in milk. The other ones were just too sweet after surgery. I think the coffee flavor cuts the sweetness down. Don't get too much because your taste will most likely change. I bought too much and now they just sit there. I have a whole run of Isopure unflavored I used once and tons of samples left.

Syntrax Nectar fuzzy navel was the only Protein I could tolerate in Water. My click vanilla latte is the one I use most often mixed in milk. The other ones were just too sweet after surgery. I think the coffee flavor cuts the sweetness down. Don't get too much because your taste will most likely change. I bought too much and now they just sit there. I have a whole run of Isopure unflavored I used once and tons of samples left.

. Thanks for the advice! If you want to get rid of those samples, please let me know! I would be more than happy to take them off your hands!????

I have the Syntrax Nectar shakes because I don't drink milk and don't even like things that remind me of a milkshake. I start my liquid diet on August 10 and the dietician said she was concerned that I would get enough calories because those shakes have only 100 calories per shake. Any suggestions from anyone on what else to do during the liquid stage to get more calories? The dietician was no help what so ever. 4 shakes will give me 92grams of Protein but only 400 calories. I feel defeated before I even get started.

I have the Syntrax Nectar shakes because I don't drink milk and don't even like things that remind me of a milkshake. I start my liquid diet on August 10 and the dietician said she was concerned that I would get enough calories because those shakes have only 100 calories per shake. Any suggestions from anyone on what else to do during the liquid stage to get more calories? The dietician was no help what so ever. 4 shakes will give me 92grams of Protein but only 400 calories. I feel defeated before I even get started.

im going to post this question for you. Hopefully you can get some helpful suggestions!????