Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing? I have had some challenges, but couldn't be happier with my decision! Water is my one issue, it is hard to get my 64.

Height: 5'10"

Highest weight: 374.4lb

Weight day of surgery: 327lb

Weight today: 312.2lb

My average is 2.5lb everyday. I am never hungry, but my stomach does growl?? I am still cooking dinner for my husband, but I love to cook. I just usually take something from his meal and puree it with water. If that won't work, I go for fat free refried Beans and cheese or turkey chili. All still pureed with water, but still better than the Soups the Dr suggested. My salt meter is always going off. It feels like everything is drowned in salt!

So how is everyone doing?

June 8th for me as well. Doing pretty good. Only lost 8 lbs on 2 week preop. Came home 2 days after surgery and had gained it all back due to the Fluid. I felt like Humpty Dumpty because I was so bloated. I'm only weighing in weekly to try not to make myself nuts! Week one I was down the gained weight from surgery plus 5 more so 13 total from preop. Moved to the purée stage yesterday and trying to find ways to keep it interesting but scrambled eggs (half an egg is all I could get down) were wonderful. Overall not too hungry yet but I've been cooking like crazy for my husband just to keep busy.

Omg, Water has gone from a struggle to pretty easy! I was able to get 15oz before breakfast!

Hey there! I am a June 8th sleeved as well. Its going good. I have found that getting Water down has been the hardest, still not teaching water or Protein goals yet. Pain is much better. Almost gone now. I have to really watch making sure to put my food into small portions otherwise the temtation to eat too much is there. Something I will always have to be mindful of.not feeling hungry but my stomach does growl too. It's funny. I can tell I have lost but have not weighed myself yet. Some think it's crazy but I want to be surprised at my 2 week check up to get my staples removed next week.

I bought 4oz Ziploc containers, this is helping me not have tip weigh everything, but still stay within my guidelines. I usually can't even finish a full 4ozs

I was sleeved on the 8th too. I start puréed foods this week. Looking forward to it. You had staples? I had steri-strips and stitches inside. Amazing how each procedure and surgeon is different. I can say I'm relatively pain free.

Edited by Mel77

I am a June 9th sleever but close enough I hope. I am very excited about starting pureed food tomorrow. I am actually feeling really good now. I've lost 13 pounds post-op. This forum keeps me motivated and answers most of my questions about what is and is not normal. speaking of staples versus stitches. I have stitches but they're suppose to just disintegrate on their own. It is odd how different surgeons are!

I was sleeved on the 8th too. I start puréed foods this week. Looking forward to it. You had staples? I had steri-strips and stitches inside. Amazing how each procedure and surgeon is different. I can say I'm relatively pain free.

My pain is pretty low as well, the hernia repair was actually worse. The staples are irritating to say the least. Holding my niece is impossible, and things touching them is painful. I get them out on Wed.

I am a June 9th sleever but close enough I hope. I am very excited about starting pureed food tomorrow. I am actually feeling really good now. I've lost 13 pounds post-op. This forum keeps me motivated and answers most of my questions about what is and is not normal. speaking of staples versus stitches. I have stitches but they're suppose to just disintegrate on their own. It is odd how different surgeons are!

How is your Water intake? Each day my water intake gets easier and easier. At this point, it is hard to get the amount of Protein without the shakes

Hi. Got mine done on June 8th too. Had to stay extra day in hospital due to continued nausea, dehydration.

Down 17 pounds, but stalled for past few days. A little freaked out, getting all Water and Protein requirements. Not slave to scale but using it to mark progress. Most plateau info I've seen doesn't happen this early. Ugghh!

Hi. Got mine done on June 8th too. Had to stay extra day in hospital due to continued nausea, dehydration.

Down 17 pounds, but stalled for past few days. A little freaked out, getting all Water and Protein requirements. Not slave to scale but using it to mark progress. Most plateau info I've seen doesn't happen this early. Ugghh!

I have seen a decrease in loss, but usually about a pound a day now. It it's crazy the first few days, the weight just dropped, now it is the slow and steady. I can't wait for the next few months!

How's everyone doing?

Was doing OK with Water and Protein, but since back to work, can't get to goals. I'm frequently feeling sick, and that brick in my belly feeling.

I'm sorry to hear that. How many Protein shakes are you getting each day?

I do find that I get more Water at night when I am relaxing. I am doing 1-1.5 shakes each day.

I don't go back to work until August 7th, so I still have time to figure out my daily routine.

Today marks my first 50lbs lost since surgery on 6/8! Total of 74lbs (pre op and post op).