Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this. I'm 34 years old. My surgery date is July 30th. I'm feeling a little scared about it. I'm actually going through this with a close family member (she will have her surgery a few months after mine), but I still feel I need additional support. I've only told my husband and my best friend. They are also very supportive (but they don't know much about it). Any support from others who have a surgery close to July 30th?

Edited by cdesimone

I've already had my surgery on 5/27 but I'm sure there are many with upcoming dates close to yours. I was a little afraid at first too and didn't have anyone to go through the process with. You'll find great support on this site, lots of great info and advice. My RNY procedure went great im newly post op but I'm feeling good. Good luck to you!

I am scheduled for surgery June 30, and I know I'll be put on some kind of diet on the 17th. I'm ready for it! My fears stem more from complications that might occur in the future than my ability to live the new lifestyle - I've never been a risk taker, so the chance of dumping and/or not feeling good because I didn't follow my diet are very slim, especially if I go to group weekly and stick to these boards. But, yeah, hernias and other complications that may require more hospitalization or anemia and hypoglycemia that might only get harder to control in the fire and time off of work when my schedule is so busy, just praying it doesn't happen like you, I've told very few people as we

Thank you @martene81. I'm ready for the surgery as well @ittybit. I just hope I have no major complications. I guess what makes me a little scared is when I ask myself is this the right thing to do? I know have a healthy lifestyle I need it. Thank god I dont have any complications from being over weight (such has high BP or high cholesterol), but if I continue down this path I will later in life, because it runs in the family. So then I know I'm doing the right thing.

My bypass is set for June 16. I've gone through all the emotions. I'm in the middle of my 14 day Protein liquid diet and so far so good. I'm looking forward to getting to the otherside of the sugery. There is lots of great people here that can always make you feel better when you are down

Hi and congrats to you all for being healthy your fears are normal I am1 year and 1 month post opt you will do great as long as you follow your plan drink Water, exercise , and get in your Protein and eat healthy . You will be surprise at the benefits . I just had a Tummy Tuck with muscles repair at my anniversary . Good luck we are all here to help you.

Congrats @Cupcake! I'm feeling better about this. I've already lost the 10-12 lbs that they wanted me to and feeling very motivated about this. I started at a gym 1 month ago and now down 20 lbs total. Just waiting for a few more preop appts and then I start the liquid diet on July 16th.

Was your surgery (tummy tuck) covered by the insurance company?

Edited by cdesimone

Cdesimone congrats on your weight loss your off to a great start and yes my Tummy Tuck with muscle repair was covered in full by my insurance so to me loosing over 100 pounds.

I am also scheduled for surgery on July 30....good luck to us! I can empathize with the feelings you have expressed!

Cdesimone - I had my gastric bypass July 30, 2014. The best of luck on your new journey.